help me critique my build

mitch13

go big
Alright guys I'll try and keep this short and simple. I use my truck for both work and play, its a p pumped 99 dodge ram 3500. my goal Is 800hp and still be able to tow our skid loader (takeuchi tl 150+tailer roughly 19k lbs) without having to constantly stare down the gauges. The truck currently has

Colt stage 4 cam
head o-ringed
studded
FDS stage 4 pump with 5ks and 181 dvs flowed 525ish
.084 lines
cross over tubes have filter removed
injectors have 200hp MTP tips
twins are s300g 58 over a s475
adjustable timing gear timing at 24%
Goerand Auto tranny billet with lower stall
Fass 150
snow stage 3 water meth

Im looking to switch up my secondary to a 62 63 or 64 I was wondering with my mods what would spool the best and get me to my goal. I really don't want to drive a laggy truck at all. Anyone with first hand experience I would appreciate all your knowledge and if you could think of anything else that would benefit this setup

Last edited:
Need a bigger primary for 800. And I have my doubts of a p-pump engine at 800hp also happily towing 19k in all conditions.

You have a pretty similar setup to me. I have a set of 64/71/14 over s480 compounds though with 6x13 injectors. Even at 27*s of timing it spools pretty good. Full 82psi by 2400 rpm.

I wouldn't want to tow a lot with that setup unless you are very observant of fluid temps. Lots of load and that power capability will be hard on a lot of parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You have a pretty similar setup to me. I have a set of 64/71/14 over s480 compounds though with 6x13 injectors. Even at 27*s of timing it spools pretty good. Full 82psi by 2400 rpm.

I wouldn't want to tow a lot with that setup unless you are very observant of fluid temps. Lots of load and that power capability will be hard on a lot of parts.

When does your set up start making boost? Also I don't tow over the road, longest I go is normally 30 miles one way. I don't mind monitoring gauges. I just don't want to loose the ability to be able to still use this as a truck if I have to.

Rolling into it @ 55mph Id say 20psi by 1700ish rpm. I've never towed with this setup but I'd say it would tow a lot better then the single 66/74/.91 t4 setup I towed with years ago. Pulled a skid loader with that charger a few times and it kinda sucked with my other mods at the time. This setup drives great IMO.

My goal is 800 on fuel as well. If I can bump my fueling up a tad I think il be there

Back