help me decide, Short bed?

Revemup15

I'm building a 2wd reg cab long bed for a play/street toy/dd... I have been toying around with the idea of converting it to short bed. I will not use it for a trucks intended purpose. With the weight I would be losing, will it really be worth it? Sorry if this sounds dumb... thanks for your opinions

If your not towing heavy goosenecks etc go for it.. Ive had a few of them and they are fun thats for sure!

The weight savings doesn't make it worth it in my opinion, but it does for the look of it.

I believe the weight difference wont make as much difference as the increased weight transfer to rear when the front end comes up (when launching) $.02

I would do it in a heart beat. You will get a lot of people asking where you got it. Mine is my daily work truck and I pull goosenecks all the time. The only thing we noticed on the two we've done is it seems to make the rear end ride a little stiffer. Mine is air ride and the other one has a couple of springs removed.

RCSB 2wd trucks are awesome... if you want one, by all means do it. I'd love to have one as a run-around truck/toy

as far as "worth it"? It just depends on how bad you want it. You mentioned would it be worth it for weight savings, and I contend that it isn't worth it just for weight savings.

I have a reg cab 4wd truck, and I don't like the look of RCSB trucks that sit up high, so not only would I have to short bed it, I would also have to lower it. I honestly don't have the time or want-to to deal with lowering it, never mind cutting it down! LOL

RCSB 2wd trucks are awesome... if you want one, by all means do it. I'd love to have one as a run-around truck/toy

as far as "worth it"? It just depends on how bad you want it. You mentioned would it be worth it for weight savings, and I contend that it isn't worth it just for weight savings.

I have a reg cab 4wd truck, and I don't like the look of RCSB trucks that sit up high, so not only would I have to short bed it, I would also have to lower it. I honestly don't have the time or want-to to deal with lowering it, never mind cutting it down! LOL

I agree, they really look bad if they aren't lowered. The proportion is all wrong.

Creed I like that dually. What's specs on it?

Lots of air and lots of fuel.. Nothing crazy not doing anything really out of the ordinary honestly.. Just an ole paw paw farm truck that runs 10s and gets the groceries home on sundays..
We have another one that is a single cab short bed dually as well.

Its a 1st gen so its already very light.. its hard to find a short bed around here... anyone know where just a short bed is for a 1st gen

Its a 1st gen so its already very light.. its hard to find a short bed around here... anyone know where just a short bed is for a 1st gen

That would be like hitting the lottery in my part of the country i imagine there ain't man left anywhere.

I saw one 6 months ago mint for 400 bucks... I was a dumbass and didn't get it... of well... I'll find one... I'm going to get this swap done and tear it up till I find one. y'all think I should convert it to 3/4 stuff or leave 1/2 ton springs etc....

I saw one 6 months ago mint for 400 bucks... I was a dumbass and didn't get it... of well... I'll find one... I'm going to get this swap done and tear it up till I find one. y'all think I should convert it to 3/4 stuff or leave 1/2 ton springs etc....

I would think the 3/4 suspension would make the ride super stiff.

I would go for it they look great as a short bed...those boxes are out there where I'm at we have places that sell southern sourced body parts...try looking on Car-Part.com I have had good luck finding parts there

Last edited:
Back