Help! Mystery oil drops!

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
So I'm up in north Dakota for work and my pickup is sitting outside not plugged in, today its -25 with a -60 wind chill, I went to start my pickup to put it inside and after it (miraculously) started, it leaked 7-8 small drops of oil from I'm guessing the oil filter area but it went away as the truck warmed up. Is there a pressure bleeder of some kind in that area or did I **** something up?

Oh the wonderful warmness.

I'd go with expansion and contraction of metals at different rates as well as oil so thick it'll barely pour out of a jug.

Not at all, we do snow removal on the rez.

I'd look into an oil pan heater if you dont have one already. Wolverine makes some good ones.

I'm going to need one I'm sure. Anybody know where they hide the fkking block heater cords on the LMM? I can't find it

I hope I didn't hurt anything by starting it.....I forgot all about the oil being like syrup. Hopefully all my turbo seals and everything aren't all fawked up. I'm not touching it until the weather warms up. what a schitty day.....

:hehe: don't you just love the weather! I would say just seals being cold. things do weird things when its this warm.

I'm going to need one I'm sure. Anybody know where they hide the fkking block heater cords on the LMM? I can't find it

I just read the manual to find mine about an hour ago. Like said above its on the passenger side battery cable.

The coldest my vehicles are normally exposed to is about a -30ish windchill, and even then they're always plugged in.

haha i bought a little car just to deal with the williston weather. that way im not tearing up my pickup. I haven't started it in about 2 months and don't plan on it anytime soon lol

6ejetyzu.jpg

Found the one leak, there's another one that looks like its coming from the top of the transmission towards the back. Any ideas?

Back