Help! No dash lights

Dustin Manis

About a week ago i hopped in my truck and had my headlights on and released my emergency brake and when it kicked out my dash lights shut off, so now I can't see how fast i'm going or see my pyro or any of my other gauges at night. Where should I look to find out why they shut off?

do the running and head lights still come on. some thing in the switch could be bad. or the relay under the hood. if you need a switch I'll sell you one for $20 + shipping

check your running lights/tail lights. i bet you popped the relay/fuse under the hood. I did that before.

We checked his fuses and his headlights, blinkers, tailights and all other lights besides dash work on the truck.

pop the dash bezel off, take the 4 screw out that hold the instrument panel in and you can take the bulbs out in the back. check to see if they are blown. they are the type that just push in and turn with a screw driver.

now i know it would be odd for all 5 of the dash lights to go at once...but on my old mans 04, one day all his HVAC control lights went out at once and when I checked...all 3 of those push and lock bulbs were burnt out.

takes about 10 minutes to check.

I think there is a ground up under the dash too you might check. IIRC

It did it a few months ago and I started messing with stuff up by my e-brake, and they started working again. But I'll check my bulbs just in case. But what about my gauges on my pillar cause they don't light up either and I have a fuel pressure gauge down by the 4-wheel drive shifter and it doesn't light up. Haloman do you know where that ground is?

Sounds like when your E-brake pedal hit the top it knocked something lose. I'd check the plug going into the back of the instrument cluster. Chances of that many bulbs going bad at once are slim but it could happen if a connector came lose and somethign shorted. I've never been back there, but I'm assuming there is a mass connector on the back of it somewhere.

Check that. Probably in the headlamp switch assy. It controls all the illumination. Pop it out and check the connection.

Back