help on a receiver hitch

alldiesels

Alldiesels
ok guys, had a big pull last night, hooked 4 times and really bent up my hitch, way more than ever before, and i have to pull again this sat so i need to replace my hitch. who makes THE THOUGHEST hitch for a ford? I plan on pulling a LOT with this truck so i need a hitch that will stand up hook after hook, thanks guys
robert
out

Reese Titan V seems to be a very popular pulling hitch..

But it needs to reinforced and mounted alot better , If you were closer I could do it in about 4 hrs.

my ford factory ones held so far over 75 hooks,

Ok, that reads all wrong..... What I tried to say was that the older hitches were rated around 12k and the new 2&1/2 is rated at 15k... I think?

I was thinking that if the old hitches held pretty well rated @ 12 then the new @ 15 would be even better. A new 15k should hold up even better, right?

i have about 25 hooks on mine and it is bent bad, i have already broke the welds and had to re-enforce them but the tube that the hitch slides into is bent, so does anyone have pics of the titan after re-enforcing and mounting??? also has anyone ever cut there ford bumper to move the hitch firther in? i want it to look good so for now may not cut the bumper idk but i get more and more hooked each hook LOL
robert
out

i found a drawtite titan, what do you think of that one? and can you guys give me sites on places to buy these? and also it is a 2.5 inch and i just (like 3 days ago) built a new pulling hitch(part that goes in reciever hitch) with a adjustable pintle eye and really don't feel like building another, could i weld a 2.5inch od sleeve over it?
robert
out

I just fabbed the hole thing from scratch. I wanted my hitch fit inbetween the frame rails not underneath them, so some 1/2" plate, 3/8" plate, some 3/8" wall 2.5" tubing, two weeknights and a case of beer, and presto, custom sled pulling hitch.

so is any reese style hitch legal? what do they consider reese style?? can i just build the heck out of something??
robert
out

Back