HELP! Think my fass took a dump.

tatkins85

I was driving down the road and my truck died so I started it back up and then anytime I would accelerate it would studder and blow allot of smoke and want to die so it would only move if I was not giving it any gas at all. So I looked at my gauges and my fp gauge says I have 0 psi and I can no longer hear the loud noise the fass makes? Why did this happened and can I fix it for cheep or am I going to have to buy a new pump? It’s my everyday driver so I need it ASAP. Thanks for your help guys.

might want to post this under the Sponsor forum, under DPP (FASS).

good luck trying to get Diesel Dan on the phone:bang

Step 1...check the fuse.
Step 2...check the wiring.
Step 3...contact DPP

Your truck dose not need a lift pump to run! Your cp3 will suck threw the fass even if it is off. Even if the fass is not on your truck will still run. I ran mine without a Lift pump before.

I was driving down the road and my truck died so I started it back up and then anytime I would accelerate it would studder and blow allot of smoke and want to die so it would only move if I was not giving it any gas at all. So I looked at my gauges and my fp gauge says I have 0 psi and I can no longer hear the loud noise the fass makes? Why did this happened and can I fix it for cheep or am I going to have to buy a new pump? It’s my everyday driver so I need it ASAP. Thanks for your help guys.

Give me a tad more info on what you got and if you ahve your SN handy that would be helpful. Unbroken gave you some good basic's to start with......I watch this stuff from home...so post up and ill add more later.

good luck trying to get Diesel Dan on the phone:bang

FYI...you leave a message...you will get a call back before the day is out. I dont ever leave a message until the next day......

I had the same thing on my 01 with the fass95 driving down the road and the relay went bad you can just pull one out of another spot in the fuse box to see if it will work

Its about 6 Degrees over here and there is snow everywhere. Anyways after I got off of work I tried starting it again and it started up and I was able to drive it home still with 0 psi of fp and a little on the rough side but it made it home and was able to accelerate this time?

But the fass dos not make any noise still.

Truck is a 06 2500 quad cab Cummins fass has about 10k miles on it. I don’t have the ssn but I can get it but I don’t think it matters because u had me swap everything out in the inside of it when I put a new motor on it sense it wouldn’t fit. I think the fass was a 95/150? Maybe 150/95? It’s whatever one flows more fuel with smaller filters. But I sense then, Dan you sold me a new motor and new springs for it and I don’t recall what they were my quadzilla digital gauges used to always read 44psi of fuel if that helps.

Take a test light or meter to the wiring harness going to the FASS. See if you have any voltage. Check the fuses and relays first if you havent already.

Dan will get you going.:rockwoot:

But the fass dos not make any noise still.

Truck is a 06 2500 quad cab Cummins fass has about 10k miles on it. I don’t have the ssn but I can get it but I don’t think it matters because u had me swap everything out in the inside of it when I put a new motor on it sense it wouldn’t fit. I think the fass was a 95/150? Maybe 150/95? It’s whatever one flows more fuel with smaller filters. But I sense then, Dan you sold me a new motor and new springs for it and I don’t recall what they were my quadzilla digital gauges used to always read 44psi of fuel if that helps.

Well if you had a 95/150 running at 44 PSI...we might have figured out our issue.....shouldnt be more than 25-30 PSI due to motor amperage reasons....Your base SN directly above the fuel filter should still be the same....its on a 1" by 4" tag.......well get ya figured out....

The pump should have by passed and allowed you to still drive....that is weird it shut you down......

What are the odds that your fuel is gelling???

At 6*, anti-gel is a must...can you pull the filters to see if the diesel is still in a liquid state???

I'd check the relay that runs the FASS itself also. Mine got soaked with diesel and went bad on me on my way home one night. Easy fix thank goodness!

anti gell? never seen it before, so no i dont have that in my truck. its also a cali truck in idaho now. i think it was a 95/150 then dan you sold me a bigger motor. so i dont think the sn is going to match up with what i have but ill get it for ya anyways. so when i turn the key to the on position i can hear the fass make a deep grunt noise a couple of times then stops so i think its getting power but i still have not checked the fuse do to its -8 today and my truck is outside.

Last edited:
anti gell? never seen it before, so no i dont have that in my truck. its also a cali truck in idaho now. i think it was a 95/150 then dan you sold me a bigger motor. so i dont think the ssn is going to match up with what i have but ill get it for ya anyways. so when i turn the key to the on position i can hear the fass make a deep grunt noise a couple of times then stops so i think its getting power but i still have not checked the fuse do to its -8 today and my truck is outside.

Well gelling shouldnt be an issue with untreated #2 fuel until -10 to 0* F. Most areas that have temps you are seeing have treated fuel at the pump that is good to -20F or more depending where you are at.

You might run to NAPA and pick up a bottle of Power Service 911 Fuel Anti Gel (Not too sure of the actual name of it since we dont need it around here...Red Bottle)

OR try to get your truck in a shop or place that is warm and see if that helps or not.

If the pump is pulsating.....that sounds like the ECM is triggering the pump...see your PM for more info.....lets try to jump across the relay plug.

If we updated you to a larger pump.....and its a FASS...the serial number should be on the base with the filters....which you didnt change...so i could still use it if you got it......

we only upgraded the motor on the fass. you sent me a bigger motor with the t mounted to the motor but it would not fit onto the other part of the fass with the filters attached to it. so you told me how to take the motor off of the t and put it onto the t that i already had to make it all fit. so im guessing th sn will tell you what the old motor on th epump will be. i still have the filters that came with the 95/150 on it becuase its the same bosy that ive always had just with a bigger motor and springs to create more psi. ill get the sn number for ya here soon.

They still keep all the upcrade info.of your pump on the computor under your Ser,no.

Dale

Back