Help with hopping

silver buck

Not enough time
ok guys i have one of the worse hopping and bouncing ever to the point it lifts the front tire off the ground. got a std cap long box, 60 in front and 80 in the rear with a posi, 3.55 g/r. also i have ladder bars, suspention stop. i have tried diffrent pre load on the ladder bar with no succsus. tried diffrent hieght with the bump stop. runnin 35inch tire 80psi in the rear and 20 in the front. hell last night i even tried 33inch tires that are bald. pulling 4 low 3rd. can someone please give me some advice as to what i can do because im out of ideas?

Last edited:
Rear pressure is way too high.wouldn't be surprised if some of the hopping is associated to some driveline bind up in the case

Any pictures of the traction bars, suspension stops and hitch setup? Front weights? What does it weigh with all of the weights on the truck?

no weight with me in it weighted 6900 lbs. with weight is at 8000 to 8500 depending on class. cant hang weight off the front so that kills me. seems like its nose high it the front. ill get a pic on here soon

Springs Clamped? My truck has a built up spring pack because I did alot of heavy towing. It had a bad issue with hopping and I tried everything to get it to stop. I even dropped the hitch way down. I broke more parts than about everyone in my area. Once I clamped my spring pack, not another issue for over a year.

ya but its just a leveling kit. . . only spring spacers in the front, im not to sure about the leaf springs but there no added lift to it in the rear. i tho maybe the 3.55 g.r. was the problem along with pulling in 4lo 3rd. maybe it getting to much traction? but i can't see how when leaving the line at 3000 rpm.

Your problem is a mixture do 45 rear 28 front but add a leaf in the rear spring pack and a 1" block to the rear. Your squatted down then have a 1" rule probably and now your trucks no longer level when it's pulling. Your technically lifting the front end up squatting that low

well thats how i feel about it to. it just makes it worse putting all the weight in the box. im wondering if i can take the spring spacer out of the front and drop the front down.

35's without spacers in the front will probably drag the fenders? My 305's with weight hanging just barely drag on turns.

ya but its just a leveling kit. . . only spring spacers in the front, im not to sure about the leaf springs but there no added lift to it in the rear. i tho maybe the 3.55 g.r. was the problem along with pulling in 4lo 3rd. maybe it getting to much traction? but i can't see how when leaving the line at 3000 rpm.

Just going off of the info you have posted sounds like your front shocks are over extended since you are running the coil spring spacers.

With blocked rear susp. and no front weights the front end of the truck will lift easy and the shocks run out of travel faster since you have the spacers and actually start to pull the front axle up with the frame and usually results in hopping.

For a quick fix you can remove the stock upper shock tower mounts and replace them w/ a piece of flat steel. This should give you the extra shock travel you need to keep from lifting the front axle.

Back