help with ID of john deere 4cyl Injection pump (look like p pump)

NHRedneck

ok first off, i have no idea what the motor the pump came off of aside from a 4cyl non turbo'd deere engine, however i do have the engine serial number and the model number off the valve cover of the engine. im just trying to figure out if the pump is worth anything to anyone.
engine serial number is: CH4020D001662
model number of engine: 4020DF005

if anyone can fill in the blanks for me and tell me what the engine was out of/ used for and wether or not the pump is still of any value, it would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• jd pump (Medium).jpg
    jd pump (Medium).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
I guess its off a compact tractor with a Yanmar ,my komastu pc-40 has a pump like it made in Japan I believe .

it is off a compact tractor late model yanmar. I have never seen one go bad if that helps

well thats good news but bad news, the motor came in to my work in a scrap load, but 100% complete. we yanked the pump in hopes that i might be worht something to someone, but the fact that you say youve never heard of one going bad doesnt really help us with the idea of ever selling the thing. should i just throw it on ebay as a core for a hundred bucks and see if a rebuilder or someone nibbles on it?

thanks for the help so far guys

Back