help

bigreddodge2007

tator tot
I had front band adjusted on ats tranmission along with filter and oil change , now when it warms up you have to give alot of throttle to move in reverse and as soon as you let off its like emergency brake is on! I took to tranny shop it set there for 2 weeks and they didnt touch it < I drove it home and its not as bad now. All forward gears feel great what could be the problem any ideas would be greatley appreciated

it was fine before the "band adjustment"?

im not sure if the front band affects reverse, someone else would have to chime in.

was this an ATS approved shop? i am in NO WAY an ATS fan but i believe their band adjustment specs are not the same as OEM. once again, some one else will have to confirm.

i WOULD NOT drive it either way, if something is dragging that bad to stop the truck with all that power in gear, something is hanging up bad.

LOW/ Reverse drum anyone ?????????/

Last edited:
I believe the rear adjustment is manual first, and reverse. Rarely does it need adjustment. When I do a band adjustment I mark where the post or fitting was, start the adjustment, and compare it to where it ends up after torque spec, and the back off. That will give you an idea how far out it was. And if you do it wrong, it can be put back where it was. That doesn't help now, but maybe someone else in the future.

Back