Help!

Tlewiscummins

Diesel freak
just finished my new build (twins, cp3's, flux's, and coolant bypass) and plugged my batteries up and my brake lights stay on????? took the brake switch out and the lights still stayed on. is it a computer malfunction?? the only electrical difference is the power plug in and the fca's? anyone have any ideas?? thanks Tyler

just finished my new build (twins, cp3's, flux's, and coolant bypass) and plugged my batteries up and my brake lights stay on????? took the brake switch out and the lights still stayed on. is it a computer malfunction?? the only electrical difference is the power plug in and the fca's? anyone have any ideas?? thanks Tyler

even though you may not be showing codes.... maybe you have some ?? Can you clear what ever may be in there ?

After a lot of work on my truck, hooked the batteries back up, started the truck and it ran like crap ( no light thing though ) Checked for codes and found it had about 9 listed. Clear them all, none came back and it ran great.

Could also be a issue with the TIPM. It can get fried easily when messing with batteries or additional voltage in the system

truck runs fine. i programmed my truck back to stock before the build. i have had 3 codes for over a year- fan clutch, wastegate, and low voltage to lift pump. still just those 3 codes. TIPM???? I've only used it once, but yes I do have a trailer brake/lights controller. kinda annoying having to unhook the batteries when i leave the shop. Talked with Tim Barber and he said he heard of 1 or 2 guys having to get dodge to reprogram a computer that smarty was not linked with.

TIPM = totally integrated power management

it monitors and controls voltages. Adding extra lights can fry it including trailers w/lights

as for codes.... I'm not saying you have problems, just that some times when you unhook the batteries, sensors...etc. codes get set and just need to be cleared

Back