hemi to 12v swap

bowhunter87

I know this topic has been beat to death on all forums but I can't seem to get any info from anyone who has actually done the swap. If anybody that has done this swap is willing to give any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. The motor swap is straight forward but I'd like some tips on the electrical portion for gauges, a/c, etc... I have an 03 2500 qcsb ram with a nv4500 and a hemi, I have a 94 2500 2wd 2500 for the donor truck. Thanks in advance for any help

I haven't done one on a hemi but I did swap a 12 valve into an 05 that had a CR. your swap should be fairly easy since you are starting ou with a manual trans. Although I'm not sure which tone ring you will need from destroked to make the tach work properly. Oil pressure, and coolant temp are all pretty straight forward adapting with a coupler or braising a home made coupler so the new sensors fit in place of the old sensors.

Search for my thread 12-rail, that should help a bit.

Thanks for the reply, the biggest hang up is the tach from what I can see so far, I'm sure between the two trucks I can blend the two and make the a/c and other things work

Its a pretty straight forward swap. I would say to get an Edge for gauges IMO.

Back