Hey There Everybody

For now. At least until i can afford the setup for an IC. Still have to figure out which one to get, I like my grille and don't want to hack it up too much.

Heres the new Phatshaft!

turrrbooo_zpsc1c3f772.jpg

Negative ghost rider. DDP stg 2s. Hopefully they're big enough, my intention was to run my stock turbo for a while. May need to go bigger. And i am definitely going to polish the housing, needs to look good in there!

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed all of this build, but this is great! Keep up the good work! Truck/motor/everything is very well done. A front end loader as the engine hoist is also awesome!

Not yet.
Almost ready to fire, has fluids and everything. Waiting on a couple parts though. Wiring is not completely finished. Still about 1000x better than it was!
Stock turbo untill shes broke in.

20130827_0480_edited-1_zps415d7692.jpg

20130827_0482_edited-1_zps0928379e.jpg

20130827_0481_edited-1_zps95e64a18.jpg

Last edited:
exhaust?? Is that what did the hg in???

Either way, that's one of the nicest 1st gens I've seen.

What part of Tahoe you in??? I was just up there a couple months ago, drove all over the place. That's a beautiful area.

Yep, it was exhaust, and that's what I thought as well. However the gasket was blown more in the area between #5 and #6, although it was blown a little bit in the #3 exhaust area.

Thanks, can't wait to paint it and drop a 5 spd in there.

And I'm in the Tahoe City area

Thanks Darwin! Hopefully one day it will be as clean as yours. One step at a time. But it sure is time consuming to get everything looking just right.

Put a new under hood insulation on it, and I would open the hood every time I filled up with fuel.......that engine bay is magnetic.....

very nice job on the details.

Wow, awesome looking truck! Might look into a Frozenboost air to water intercooler, they fit right in 1st gens...then again, if you ask me, you don't need no stinkin intercooler :hehe:
0811dp_13_z+2008_norcal_diesel_rally+air_to_water_intercooler.jpg

Nice to see a "local" build too...I grew up in Chico ;)

Put a new under hood insulation on it, and I would open the hood every time I filled up with fuel.......that engine bay is magnetic.....

very nice job on the details.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! I desperately need new under hood insulation, it's pretty bad.

Wow, awesome looking truck! Might look into a Frozenboost air to water intercooler, they fit right in 1st gens...then again, if you ask me, you don't need no stinkin intercooler :hehe:
0811dp_13_z+2008_norcal_diesel_rally+air_to_water_intercooler.jpg

Nice to see a "local" build too...I grew up in Chico ;)

Thanks! I thought about an air to water cooler, but I figured since it will be a DD, and i take long trips every now and then. So I figured i would just slap a 2nd gen cooler in there. Oh, and I just go to school in Chico, I grew up in North Tahoe. I love it in Chico though!

Last edited:
Back