Hidden radio?

roachie

Taco Master
All I want is a device that will run my factory speakers (infinity system) and have a jack for my phone to plug in and run pandora. I needs to be able to be remote mounted as this is my dash now. I have no idea where to even look for such a thing. Help?

180136_10150135114630850_1583865_n.jpg

Just extend wiring harness from factory. Mount radio in center console facing the dash that would be badass. IMO

No way. I never listen to the thing, and head units are too damn big to remote mount.

Just use an aftermarket amplifier hooked directly to the speakers, and use a mini-plug to RCA adapter cable.

Volume on the iPod/iPhone. Just have to adjust the gain on the amp to the max volume of the device.

I read your link, did not view their "adapter cable" though. A simple 3.5" mini plug to RCA cable (available at wal mart) will allow the iPod to control volume. I don't understand why they say you need an external volume control.

Also, I'm not sure if the infinity has an external amp like the 3rd gen does? If it does, you will have to bypass that. Simplest way would be to run new wire from the aftermarket amp to the speakers. You can always take the extra wiring out and hook back up the factory wires to return to "infinity" sound.

Last edited:
Wire in amp to keyed (fused) power to trigger on and run a mini jack from amp to dash or whever you want to plug in ipod or device and good to go. I do believe that the infinity system speakers have their own amps on the speakers? Still need to power the signal from ipod or phone through an amp though.

I would probably have a switch on the amp, I could see lots of thumping the speakers when you plug it in, etc. I suppose as long as you plug it in before you turn the key on might do the same thing.

Best I can recall the infinisty system has built in amps on all the speaker. I guess that I would just need a tiny amp to send out the proper signal for them to work. Or actually buy speakers for once in my life.

DIYMA.com It's all there somewhere.
My next vehicle will be a 4glte tablet for source and toslink-bitone-amp(s) setup. Should pull high quality processing ability.

Back