Hiding a Roll Bar?

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
My truck is quick enough now that it requires a roll bar. Is there a way to install one that is legal but hidden from view, like the rear bars below the top of the bed or something? Truck is a regular cab F250 and I really don't want to have bars poking out of the rear window as that has a tendency to scare off cars racing in Mexico.

And no, I don't want to put a camper top on it, lol.

Put some off road lights on the bars outside and edelbrock stickers all over it. Disguise it. That is my plan with my S10. LOL I wish I was joking. I've got enough random stickers from summit and jegs to make it look like the typical trailer park dweller.

Put some off road lights on the bars outside and edelbrock stickers all over it. Disguise it. That is my plan with my S10. LOL I wish I was joking. I've got enough random stickers from summit and jegs to make it look like the typical trailer park dweller.
That's hilarious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was kind of thinking about doing that if it absolutely has to go thru the window, lol.

rear down bars are allowed to go through the bed if you install a funny car head area hoop. not going to be much of a disguise though if someone opens your door down there in Mexico

I looked into using a crappy aluminum shell, and a similar approach to what was mentioned with the lights.

Going to be watching this one for ideas.

Always reminds me of the dodge chuck Norris drives in walker Texas ranger LOL

You can do a full funny car cage inside the cab, my El Camino is 7.50 certed and doesn't have any bars through the rear window. It's not real street friendly though. My recommendation is a shell also.

Last edited:
I may try and do something along these lines and just use a clamp to mount lights.

2015-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-SpecialOps-070-626x416_zpslwaimevs.jpg

Back