HIDs and Headlights assembly results

floridabob

I have a 96 that I just retro'ed the whole front end to a NIB sport bumper/grill assembly.

Now the older headlights look like chit. I had HIDs before and liked them. They were lost during some service and now I need new and figured to do the whole assemblies.

SO, the question is: which full headlight and corner assembly & HIDs did you use and have they worn well?

Pics if you want...

Yes, I searched. Google and this forum. Looking at 4k, 55w. Just curious of your observations on yours/others.

Bob

Did you search the 'Truck Bedazzle' area of CompD?

Dont see that sub-forum. I did, however, search the full forum when researching HID headlights...I would think I can safely assume the bedazzle section would be included.

Or am I missing something....something smart-azz...

:what:

bob

He's got a strong running truck from the ride I took in it, and has had the worst luck with it. Bob you have a lot of patience.

I will gladly put up some pics. Give me a day or two and I will update my build thread...from 3 fuggin years ago.

But anyway.

Now I have a second full set of turbos up at Chris from ED: an s300 and s400 w/injectors that I have no idea what to do with.

Problems, problems.

And the truck does run well even throttled back at 64psi on the Garretts...

OH, and speaking of luck--the rear end blew up 400 miles after I picked it up. So then I had to put in a Jasper rear end or a used junker. So I went Jasper.

Christ, I am broke. And dumb. And for some reason I saw fit to put on a roll pan rear and a sport front.

HAH!!

Bob

Dont see that sub-forum. I did, however, search the full forum when researching HID headlights...I would think I can safely assume the bedazzle section would be included.

Or am I missing something....something smart-azz...

:what:

bob

Half smart ass, half serious. And yes it should have been included. Accessories and add on's [Bedazzle] is where I would have started looking and this thread. This is more of engine/driveline tech.

Cant help you on the headlights but i can on the HID's. I highly recommend 5k or 6k OPT7 brand hids from burkemotopros on ebay. They work very well, are cheap and have a hassle free no questions asked warranty which is the most important thing with hids. LOL

Half smart ass, half serious. And yes it should have been included. Accessories and add on's [Bedazzle] is where I would have started looking and this thread. This is more of engine/driveline tech.

I have no issue if the MODs choose to move it. And good to know that if there was info it would have turned up in the search.

I have found tons of data and opinions on brands/colors but precious nothing on the actual longevity of the total assembly. USUALLY aftermarket plastics and assemblies are a distant second to OEM quality. I was just hoping to find something of use.

Thanks for the input

bob
:nail:

Pics

Here are a few pics...I hope.

Bob

Attachments

• 0325151826.jpg
    0325151826.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20130105172933.jpg
    20130105172933.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
Lets try a few more

Attachments

• IMG_20150325_143900459_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150325_143900459_HDR.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20150325_143910352.jpg
    IMG_20150325_143910352.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
i built my own head lights in my 95. i started with a new set with a clear lens that had height adjustment. i opened them up and painted the housing flat black, for the shrouds going around the projectors they will be gloss black. will include a single white halo to go around the projector. takes a couple days to complete but once they are done they are so much better than the factory ones. i run 55w 5k hids in them as well.

Let's see if these work

ame]

ame]

Last edited:
Is that front bumper of a silverado? That looks pretty cool! How do the fender liners fit did you have to make custom mounts for that?

Back