High Fuel Rail Pressure Code???

duramaxkid87

any time i go to start my truck or try turing my raptor up i get a high pressure code i have shimmed the rail already just not sure what is causing the code???? i have a ppe standard on tune four and it i starve the cp3

any answers would be great*bdh*

Welcome to the forum. What's the code? Never heard of anyone having problems with high pressure.
What is tune 4; 275hp ? Do us a favor and fill out your signature about your truck so we can better help you, Chris

If you are setting a High pressure it's not the rail safety valve. I would start by going back to stock and if that's OK then add the program and leave the fuel pump off. IF that works fine then try turning the pump back on only above 1500 RPM. You could be just runnning to much fuel pressure at idle causing the issue.

If the raptor is set too high, it will cause the code. Happened on an LMM when we turned up the lift pump pressure. Get a guage on it.

OK, confused me when he said he starved the CP3 at the end. Makes more sense now.

Max fuel pressure on a Duramax at idle is ~ 10 psi some will take a little more some a little less.

tune four is 225hp the code is PO088 for high fuel rail pressure i did turn the raptor down to where it will not set the code i will have to check the pressure on data scan i am pretty sure that i am starving the injection pump if it isnt that i am wondering about timing

so diesel tech you recommend taking the shims out and turn the pump up to feed the injection pump then add a shim???

Back