High idle functions

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
I've noticed a high idle is desired a lot on diesel trucks. So I came up with one. Instead of spending tons of money on a module or re flash, I wired in with a couple diodes a TPS off a powerjoke fuel peddal. Put a knob on it and bolted to the knee stop panel under steering wheel. Now I can idle up from 700-3000 rpms at any time. I have no clue on the price of my TPS since I had it in the shop but I have bought them before for $25. Just a thought guys

Pigtail from Cummins to enable high idle to work off the cruise control cost $12.

I got mine turned on at the dealer. One of the few times my trucks been in there...works great. Use it every day, rain, snow, or sunny and 80

Off topic, but sweet Jesus on the Stroke This Avatar!!!!

:Cheer:

Back on topic, SMARTY hooked me up on the High idle.

I bought the $13 pigtail from Cummins and spent 10 minutes hooking it up. The dealer enabled my high idle when I bought it even though I did not have the pigtail.

i worked on a guy's truck the other day. He has 07 5.9, 6 speed manual. He said it cost him like 500 bucks??????????? I'm clueless on this issue, but anyways, i put a Predator on his truck and now the high idle isn't working. Is this because the Predator reprogrammed the ecu? If he goes back to dealer to get it enabled, will the programmer wipe it out everytime?

yes the predator will do that. I know with the BD try before you buy it turned off my high idle on mine. Loaded up the smarty, and it worked, set truck back to stock, and high idle came back, it's almost like the smarty cleaned out my PCM! :hehe:

I think I'm gonna disable my free high idle and go buy a ford tps to rig up and cut holes in my lower dash. I'll take pics of the install.

I bought the $13 pigtail from Cummins and spent 10 minutes hooking it up. The dealer enabled my high idle when I bought it even though I did not have the pigtail.

This is how you do it if you have the man. trans. If you have the auto you take it to dealer and have them use the starcan. But if you have a PMT or Smarty then use that on either man. trans. or auto. Auto's need no wire at the ecm. I have installed high idle on auto's and man. trans. Been there done that. :hehe:

You got a part # ?

Here you go, found it in a thread on DTR, ground PIN #22(connector B) to the ECM lug on the side of the block, heres the pigtail PN/pics

ECMpins.jpg

pinpartnumber.jpg

Back