high pressure hydraulic lines instead of hard fuel liens???

$spendyplayer$

The Ppump freak
Was wondering if anyone has tried to use high pressure hydraulic lines instead of hard lines for the ppump conversion. Just wondering if it would work or not.

Hard line has a 50,000+ psi burst pressure and sometimes they burst.

Thats because they aren't flexible enough to absorb the little tsunami's of fuel that the pump puts out. If they put a rubber bladder in the system somewhere it would make the pulses less harsh and the lines would last longer. It wouldn't work worth a hoot, but it would last.

I'd rather know that the fuel is going to the injector rather than dicking around on its way there to stretch a line. Yawn!

So you are going to replace one steel line with a flexible hose? Ok please do and get a video to put on youtube for us. There is a reason they are hard lines and they are equal length. Have you ever seen a hydraulic line pulsate at high rpms? It should last a good solid minute or two.

I was just wondering if anyone has done this. But I like to **** around so ill see for myself. Thanks

Don't do it it's like stepping on a dollar to pickup a penny IMHO. It is always cheaper and better to do it right the first time

Last edited:
Just because its a p-pump doesn't mean that it's low pressure. A p-pump will make in excess of 20,000 psi.

I was just wondering if anyone has done this. But I like to **** around so ill see for myself. Thanks

While your at it, might as well cap one off and put a gauge on it and show us how high a p pump can go. And take lots of video of the explosio....Er... I mean scientific demonstration...

Back