High Pressure Oil Pump??

7.3 Strokin

ok im thinkin about puttin a high pressure oil pump on my obs... the thing is i have stock injectors... so i was wandering if that would work running a HPOP with stock injectors??.. and if so... any of u guys that have a HPOP let me know what kind u have and what u think about it.. any other info would be great.. thanks

Are you talking about a 17* HPOP from an late99-03 or a Big oil(twin pump) system?

Either one will work just fine with stock injectors.

um im talkin about the big twin system.. would it help much or be very effective having just stock injectors??

It will help a little, your stock injectors a on the small side to begin with. I had my twins with stock injectors and it towed like a dream. Top end power was lacking. But it did not nose over on the top end after the twins went in. It gives you the option of any injector in the market. But with big injectors then you have to upgrade to an electric fuel system and it just keeps on going.

What are you goals with your truck?

well i know it sounds crazy cuz these old ones cost so much.. but i will be jus drivin it.. but i love the old ones and i want to have one that will run half way decent.. and maybe actually roll some coal.. its only got 75,000 miles on it and it is paid off and i figured i would jus keep it and build it up a little.

would i be able to run a electric fuel system, with the HPOP on stock injectors too??
cuz i was kinda wantin to take it one step at a time and i was going to put the HPOP on first then the fuel system, then injectors..

Just curious how much more will a stock hpop off a 99-03 powerstroke give you with stock fuel system and injectors??

Back