high rpms and lubrication ect

high line

whats the deal with using 24v oil pumps on 12v? chamfering oiling holes in crankshaft? is oil pressure bypass spring in water oil heat exchange? thanks first build any other tips appreciated not gonna be a dd

The key to a good working oiling system, is meticulous attention to detail , and assembly cleanliness, makes sure all of the galleys are clean and free from honing fluids, and dirt. Key clearances on the rods and mains need to be verified, the clearances need to be ½ to ¾ of a thousand under the high side.
This additional clearance is critical in making any high performance engine program. Oil is a lubricant sure , but one of its biggest task is as a coolant the bearing surface. Bearings fail because of heat. And more oil flow over the bearings will take this heat away. Be warned that additional clearance will drop oil pressure slightly at idle.
I use good synthetic oils and then add a extreme high-pressure additive package. The good race oils have the best of additive packages, but the trade off with these extreme additives, is the polymer additives have a very limited life span. The way a polymer friction modifier works, is to shear off at the molecular level and sacrifice itself to provide friction reduction when parts come close to gather.

So if you’re going to use one of these oils, you can change the oil more often, or put additional additives at intervals corresponding to the level of stress the engine will see. .
I use Pollydyn TX 7 it’s a polymer extreme pressure additive package with the same even . I mix this is with a good synthetic oil, like Royal purple, or Amsoil .
I also use a coated bearings, which come in .0005 over, and are available from Polydyn . I was surprise to find that they keep cleveite-coated bearings in stock in all the sizes and in odd plus and minus as well for the Cummins
Performance coatings by Polydyn

Back