Hit the Dyno last night... Invented a new EGR system! FAIL!

Convicted1

Hit a friend of mines Mustang dyno last night...

I knew before hand that it wouldn't handle the torque, but was hoping to be able to get some answers about which software to run for the best power...

I'll be posting a thread later in the dyno section looking for advice about a few things that popped up on the dyno.

But for now, heres the 3rd pull we made last night.

Overdrive, Converter Locked, 60 MPH Punch.

Vehicle weight set at 7500 and @50 set at 28.1....

I wonder what effect that smoke recirculating into the intake had? I know it went from about 80* F in that little garage to probably 110-115* F after each pull as well.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIa1pMW34LU[/MEDIA]

Why would you run a diesel truck with a stack indoor without some sort of exhaust evacuation system? The least you could have done was purchase a few feet of 6"-8" HVAC flue pipe and route half of it out a window or door.

Looks like a good way to get carbon monoxide poisoning.

looks good what was ur #s?

I'm not sure they are accurate, thats why I gotta post a new thread in the Dyno section...

Long story short...

Injectors only with no programmer... 398 backed up with a 400 even.

No matter WHAT we tried on the Smarty... 528. EVERYTIME.... 528.

Something seems strange to me on that one... Not only would I have expected a bit more, but the fact that EVERY pull was 528.... That leaves me a little curious.

Why would you run a diesel truck with a stack indoor without some sort of exhaust evacuation system? The least you could have done was purchase a few feet of 6"-8" HVAC flue pipe and route half of it out a window or door.

We had 3 big shop fans sucking air out a door behind and to the right of the truck, they just weren't evacuating enough smoke fast enough...

This garage also used to be a paint booth, all the evacuation for that was running as well. Including the down draft fan that is below the truck and dyno...

Trust me... We took all the precaution we could... It just wasn't enough to clear the smoke.

Last edited:

his dyno is in the garage next to his house and its set up for gassers so it has a weak vent set-up in the floor under the back end of where your vehicle sits

he did a little moving around in his garage, when we were there he had a car body he was painting and a bunch of furniture that got sooted

he did a little moving around in his garage, when we were there he had a car body he was painting and a bunch of furniture that got sooted

So you're the one who they told me was running his mouth about my truck...

I've got no clue who you are... So before putting my name in your mouth why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself some time?

Better yet... Show up at some of the pulls I'll be at and back up your mouth.

Should be at Tipton this weekend on the 16th and Versailles on the 31st.

So you're the one who they told me was running his mouth about my truck...

I've got no clue who you are... So before putting my name in your mouth why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself some time?

Better yet... Show up at some of the pulls I'll be at and back up your mouth.

Should be at Tipton this weekend on the 16th and Versailles on the 31st.

Wait.... what did i say about your truck. im confused, all i know about it is that i saw it in the burnout contest one year and it has nitrous and runs damn good.. i never bad mouth people because ive been around a lot of people that start **** that way and its retarded..

me- im the 16 year old kid who swapped out Aaron Wengers cam and injectors a few times. other than that idk how to explain who i am..

that truck that those guys in osage saw is my brothers...not mine. never said so

and again not tryin to start stuff.. just explaining that he might have more money in his truck, he has spent at least 17,0000 on motor only and thats with badass discounts, of course money isnt everything, still tuning it better to this day

Last edited:
Well I don't know either of you...

So neither of you should have my name in your mouths.

As for your brother and his 17K motor.... He'd have to add a BUNCH more than that to build my truck.

This year will be the first year my truck has actually run up to its potential.... So all the haters can take it and stick it.

Whichever it was (you or him) who was talking to MY friends about something they have NO clue about can either shove it or come on out and show me how it's done.

Like I said. Tipton this Friday... Or Saturday the 31st in Versailles.

Although I bet this big bad 17K motor'd truck doesn't show.... Will it?

BTW.... Truck is straight fuel right now.

No more bottle.

That may change again in the future though.

well no it wont show because he lives in Wyoming, 1100 miles away, and it is waiting for a new clutch, turbo and exhaust manifold,
he just dynoed it in osage while he was down visiting friends

i really want to see your truck run here in town, but im leavin to go to Iowa for a family get together that same day, what night is tipton i might drive out to it,

Tipton is this Friday.
work stock and a 2.8 is what I heard.

Injectors only with no programmer... 398 backed up with a 400 even.

No matter WHAT we tried on the Smarty... 528. EVERYTIME.... 528.
This year will be the first year my truck has actually run up to its potential.... So all the haters can take it and stick it.

I needed to smile and laugh after my day.......

Back