Hit the track in my DD

Johnelliott52

Well I didnt get my nitrous installed in time to bring my "race" truck to the track so I was pretty upset. So I decided to run my daily driver.... A518, intake horn from an 05, intake, open rearend, crappy street tires, and a bed full of random stuff.... In the 1/8th its best run was a 10.70... I know I could have had a better time but the track guy wouldnt let me do a boosted launch do to the fact it was blowing the tires off of the line. Hopefully I'll have my fast truck out there and we'll see what it can do..:tree:

Everyone's gotta start somewhere! Any First Gen at the track is a good idea to me!! Hopefully I will get there soon enough...

i ran in dallas last weekend, with a blown accumulator i got a 14.7. I fixed the trans in the parking lot with some jb quick and they would let me race again. the 14.7 was no boost launch in 2nd and had to back off the throttle to get 3rd.

Just curious, why would you run the most restrictive intake horn ever installed on a Cummins (03-07)?
An intake horn from a 99-02 would be better.

Well the inlet it 3" which is bigger and the outlet to the manifold is the full size of the grid heater delete so I dont think it hurting.

the commonrail one is not an upgrade from the stock horn.

It is an upgrade from a 1st gen horn...not a 2nd gen.

Well the inlet it 3" which is bigger and the outlet to the manifold is the full size of the grid heater delete so I dont think it hurting.

It is definitely bigger than the stock one, no doubt. What JBradley was saying is that the 2nd gen is the "best" stock horn, as it is the least restrictive.

I don't think I would waste the 10 minutes it takes to swap them. I can't see it helping any. What kind of race truck do you have?
CompD Mobile Device

Back