Hitches.....What & Where?

AMMO22

BANNED
What types of hitches are you folks using? I've got a good pintle hook, but the rules say it must be horizonal to the ground. Where can I find a good hitch for working or street classes? Thanks!

I just took the receiver end that goes into the hitch unbolted the pintle hook, took the ring that is supposed to bolt onto the trailer and welded the two together then bolted them. It is at the machine shop right now getting machined out to 3" I.D. I will have pictures when I get it back.

Thanks!! That thread will cover my question.

Buck, the site you posted has some good looking hitches, but they don't list prices from what I seen.

Basically that is the company website that sells their products thru various distributors. I have had luck finding parts at Semi/Tractor Trailer repair shops and such.

I'll be out running around today, I'll check the New Holland & JD dealerships and see if they have anything. Thanks for the heads up guys!!

Ebay, the second best site on the net!! OK, I put my pintle hook on Ebay, and with the sale from that I'll buy a new git-up!! Thanks JW for the Ebay idea!!

That store is pretty good I linked you to.
I have bought a couple things out of there. Just make sure to read the ad carefully as the pictures in that store dont exactly match the item sometimes.
Your welcome!

Ok, so I went to a couple of places today to check on having a hitch fabed for me. The first place wanted $35 - Lunette $40 - Lunette channel and $80/hr for labor and they told me it would take 2 hours for a total of $235.

Another place told me $150 for everything.

What to do???

If I figure in the lost winnings, cost of materials, and my lost time after two busted hitches last season it adds up to well over $235.

Here is what it cost me for the last hitch:
Approx (bad memory):
Material (sourced myself from metal yard): $30
Channel and Ring: $50
Labor @ welding shop: $40-50

Ok, so I'm not getting jerked around at $150. I did get a good impression from the guy that quoted $150. He assured me whatever he fabs will be more than strong enough to hold. I'm going to take a look at the materials he is using before I commit to anything.

Back