Hmmmm

im just giddy with anticipation here is your award
boo.jpg

The downpope will be tight but it's going to fit.
542F4571-BB06-4AF7-8BF3-AFBA97F73D30-5091-000007AE1C9BB68B.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Looks awesome Cliff but could you take your downpipe over and behind the he351?

Yeah it was just a thought. Sometimes you can stare at something trying to figure it out and then someone else comes up with the obvious solution. My brother has done that a few times to me. LOL

5 in is possible. I did a set with the primary over the fender a couple of months ago. Helps if you dimple the dp at the heater box and at the frame and at the bellhousing.

Why is it you don't see more people doing this setup as I'n over the fender opposed to the regular one ontop of another. I think this seems way better of a setup and much easier to acces. I think I'm Gunna do that setup on the tow rig this winter.

Why is it you don't see more people doing this setup as I'n over the fender opposed to the regular one ontop of another. I think this seems way better of a setup and much easier to acces. I think I'm Gunna do that setup on the tow rig this winter.

A lot of people don't want to bother positioning the primary charger. I know I didn't. I ordered the hot-pipe and primary mount and built everything around that. It was cheap and only took a weekend to complete.

A battery is normally sitting there too...I prefer having both batteries in my truck. But mine is a bit more universal than Walmarts, and we live in different climates.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

A lot of people don't want to bother positioning the primary charger. I know I didn't. I ordered the hot-pipe and primary mount and built everything around that. It was cheap and only took a weekend to complete.

I can see what your saying I just like the idea of it. I feel that the little extra work would be well worth it I'n the long run

If you look at the majority of guys who use big and small turbos/ or on race trucks go with a side by side setup.

Most company's do the over under for the simple fact that it's easier to make and cheaper to produce. Honestly this setup could have been built in a weekend easily if I had worked longer than 4-5 hours a day.

A battery is normally sitting there too...I prefer having both batteries in my truck. But mine is a bit more universal than Walmarts, and we live in different climates.

That's why I have a yellow top LOL

I can see what your saying I just like the idea of it. I feel that the little extra work would be well worth it I'n the long run

I have worked on trucks with both styles of twins and can honestly say this setup is much easier to work on, but for some one not confident with their fabrication skills the over under has a lot more support from vendors. The shorter hot pipe may help with spool as well.

I would just relocate my battery's to my tool box or build two small boxes I'n te bed. I also need both.

Like said in the last post. Heat is energy and there is a potential loss in a setup like this. That would be my only concern. With the primary closer it would be more efficient. I don't know If it's that noticable or not. Still a great set up for street use

It appears far more difficult to fit a 5" down pipe in a setup like this. That and the length of the hot pipe. Those are my concerns.

Back