HMR Comp puller

jlibert

Who's daily driving with this clutch? On their website, it says it can't really be shifted over 2k rpms, but many who run the clutch say it shifts fine. I'd like to run the comp puller if I can, but shifting below 2k isn't an option with my turbo.

jp

i couldnt shift above 2k with mine, i went sbc to still drive mine

I don't know if I told you street or comp puller. but the one I meant to say is the street puller.

I don't know if I told you street or comp puller. but the one I meant to say is the street puller.

yeah, you told me street puller. I ran across a couple posts where guys were driving the comp puller and shifting at 3k rpms with no problems. If I could run a weighted clutch and still shift ok, I'd do it.

We have the HMR streetPuller in my sons truck we don't have any issues with shifting over 2000rpm and he does it a lot.

Dale

yeah, you told me street puller. I ran across a couple posts where guys were driving the comp puller and shifting at 3k rpms with no problems. If I could run a weighted clutch and still shift ok, I'd do it.

if your going to try to run the comp clutch your gonna have to take virtually all the weights off of it, the only one i have had any experience with is in disturbed's truck and i can tell ya, at 3000-3500 that thing is wanting to move, you have to try to hold the truck still to get it on up to 4500-5000, granted a street truck wont do this but if his is trying to creep at 3000 i know your not shifting it, and we took some weights off of it!!

if your going to try to run the comp clutch your gonna have to take virtually all the weights off of it, the only one i have had any experience with is in disturbed's truck and i can tell ya, at 3000-3500 that thing is wanting to move, you have to try to hold the truck still to get it on up to 4500-5000, granted a street truck wont do this but if his is trying to creep at 3000 i know your not shifting it, and we took some weights off of it!!

Thanks,

that sounds about right. I only questioned it because I saw some posts where guys were saying they were shifting the comp puller over 2k without any issues. Looks like it'll be the street puller.

It's really not that bad I've driven a couple 12 valves with them, even towed trailers. 2.6 charger, 13mm pump...etc. If it is a real pain float gears, and take the weights completly off during the off season. If your going to doing a lot of pulling, I highly recommend it, the clutch is top notch.

It's really not that bad I've driven a couple 12 valves with them, even towed trailers. 2.6 charger, 13mm pump...etc. If it is a real pain float gears, and take the weights completly off during the off season. If your going to doing a lot of pulling, I highly recommend it, the clutch is top notch.

I agree with above post,,and I got 108 hooks out of mine!

Why do you need the clutch to shift? i only use it for starting and stopping.

I have 2 of the HMR's 1 is the street puller in my daily driver has 25,000 miles on it and 50 or so hooks and is 3 years old and i pull a 40ft trailer with my puller on itwith no problems we actually just reshimmed it for the first time with still over 3/4 material still on the disks. I also have the Comp puller in my puller have had no issues out of it till this weekend it has roughly 80 hooks on it and have not got the trans out of it to find out what happened to it. Would recommend the street puller for what you are wanting to do. If you want to run the comp you will have to remove some of the weights mine had 14 per finger and she doesnt like to sit still when coming up thru the rpm's. Hope this helps.

Not to highjack but, the HMR street puller will be the next clutch in my truck if its as driveable as everyone says...

Drive my truck Everyday! I have the Street puller but it's on it's last adjustment after 50 or so hooks and plan on getting a few more. Also has 3rd gear launches on it also. Clutch shifts better then my buddies southbend 3850

Thanks for all of the replies, they were exactly what I was looking for.

jp

hmr who the hell is that? and u guys r geting 50 hoooks damn i have had 3 south bends 9- 12 on each clutch junk if u ask me give me more info on this clutch tahnks guys

Hmr is a clutch from Haisley Machine. It runs a McLeod pressure plate, fixed floater, and comes in a variety of setups depending on your usage

my truck was oppsite 15 hook on street pullers, 7 on comp b4 it was toast, i daily drove them, hauled a trailer occasionally, and pushed snow

sbc has 25 hooks , 5 hours of plowing, a few trailer tows, 3 tug o wars, and still grips like day i put it in

my truck was oppsite 15 hook on street pullers, 7 on comp b4 it was toast, i daily drove them, hauled a trailer occasionally, and pushed snow

sbc has 25 hooks , 5 hours of plowing, a few trailer tows, 3 tug o wars, and still grips like day i put it in

Wow, you're not making this decision any easier!!! One thing is for certain, my South bend Con OFE is nothing short of awesome. It's been holding 575+hp for over 85k. I can't remember if I put it in at 70k or 80k, but I have
153k miles on it now, never slipped, or acted funny in any way. Keep in mind it's only rated for 450 max.:rockwoot:

what clutch r u guys running??? 3850s i never have my truck dynod so idk wnat it makes but i never tow with it i few drag races n i rarely drive on the street unless goin to a pull

also look into rebuild costs when its time for a rebuild

Back