Holley lift pump question.

ThatGuy01

Hey guys I'm still waiting to order a lift pump looking for a use one cheap and stumbled across the holley blue and black. I have heard of these just never paid attention. My question is if I got one, and have the in-tank lift pump upgrade on my 2001- how the heck would I go about installation? Will fuel pull through the stock lift pump in tank???

You could do a sump set up or leave both pumps hooked up. I would just buy an Airdog and be done with it.

you could hook it up in series with the stock lift pump and just use it as a pusher pump

Don't buy a Holly blue or black. Spend your money once on a Fass or Airdog. And you will have to bypass the lift pump you have now. I recomend a sump kit. I have one and they work great.

I always heard don't buy a Holley. My buddy wanted to get a Holley, can't remember which, I advised against it. He did it anyway and it failed in less than a year. My Fass also failed in around a year or less, he laughed that I spend way more money and they both failed.

Had Airdogs on 2 trucks and neither failed.

Get an Airdog II. I love it. Only regret is not doing a sump kit at the same time, or not drilling the holes lower on the bucket

ADII and hellman sump FTW. I had a holley black. it was total garbage, waste of money and waste of time.

Just disconnect the stock pump when I get the sump? Make a good backup? Would that work?

I'm on a budget lol if I got an AD2 do you think I could talk INdustrial injection into throwing in a dropless sump for free ;P hell I'd sport a sticker that said I oral the coal...

Unlike factory pumps, Airdogs are flow through. If it dies, burns up, wires get cut, your cp3 will still be able to draw fuel through it. Stock duramaxes don't even have lift pumps., so you're not going to hurt your cp3. If you did the sump, just cap the openings to the top fuel module, and hook the airdog straight to your sump. BOOM. Done deal

I'm finding ALOT of kits for 1/2 inch fuel lines from filter to VP but not kits for tank-pump-filter...

From someone who has changed out two Holleys in parking lots when it was either cold and wet or just plain cold, do not buy one!!!!

Go with an Airdog, much better unit.

Didn't realize 01's had cp3's :what:

Son of a *****.... That's what I get for skimming hahaha
Doesn't change my recommendation for the airdog and sump kit. Just means he should definitely care about his pump lol

Last edited:
Son of a *****.... That's what I get for skimming hahaha
Doesn't change my recommendation for the airdog and sump kit. Just means he should definitely care about his pump lol

Lol I wasn't going to say anything man. I knew what you meant- well except for the vP will draw its own fuel. Once. LOL
What part number did y'all use for use with sump?

Back