holley push install

cm cows

Here by the owl
how do you install a holley blue on a 01 dodge i know any thing about fuel delivery or anything thanks in advance

Your gonna have to locate the inlet line to the injection pump and trace it back to the tank, find an area by that line and splice into it.

On my system i set it up a little different usen a Holley I took a bulk head fitting 1/2 in and sumped the bottom of my tank so so then ran the lines to the pump then to a aftermarket water/seperator from summit then to the VP I took out the factory filter and lift pump assembly . My return is stock I also have a return on the pump going back to the feed side of the tank sence I dont need that anymore , its around 20lb or so Idle and i can take it down to 12 or so , I have pics on my page in sig here is the link i got the idea from http://xj.cdevco.net/auto/fuelsystem/ ... Its not bad at all to do

The easiest way to do it I have found using mainly stock components is the following.

Locate the supply line to the stock LP and trace it out to just forward of the tank. Once you have it found you will need a tubing cutter, about 3' of 3/8 fuel hose, two 3/8 NPTx 3/8 hose barb fittings, 6 hose clamps to fit said hose, two 10/32 or 1/4x20 bolts and nuts, drill bit and drill motor.

Locate the supply line, trace it out and find you a spot on the frame rail where you can fit the pump and get to it easily, I used just in front of the tank right above a lightning hole in the frame. I strongly reccomend removing the skidplate, it will make working in that area much easier. Use a 15mm socket and you will be done in 10 minutes with pulling the 6 bolts holding it on. Once you know where the pump will sit to keep the lines running right tighten the mounting flange to it and hold it in place and mark where the hold down bolts will go. Once they are marked drill the holes and check. If all is well with that proceed to the next step.

Remove all the line hold down clamps form the framerail so the supply and return are loose enough to move around some, use the tubing cutter to cut the steel supply tubing. Have your length of uncut fuel hose ready and be sure you are out from under the line when you finally get it cut, fuel is going to go everywhere. As soon as you have the line cut take the fuel hose and blow the line from the tank dry, it will sit there and siphon if you don't :(

Screw the hose barb fittings into the pump and mount it to the frame rail, or just hold in place for the next step. Estimate where the pump will sit that will allow the fuel hose to reach the hose barb without kinking coming from the tank. Do the same for the outlet side and cut enough tubing out to accomplish this. Now using two hose clamps on the tubing and one on the barbed fittings mount everything up and tighten down.

For power use the stock wiring, if you are eliminating the stock lift pump just extend the wiring to the holley and you are good, if you are using both pumps just tie into the stock harness for power and run a good ground. If you want to remove the stock lift pump you might as well go ahead and run larger line from the holley forward, but it doesn't seem to make much difference until you get over 400HP.

Hope this helps :D

Back