Hollister, CA Dyno Day and Show and Shine

I will be there around 8:00 So i can have time to change the delivery valves in my cp3 and slide the fuel plate.

Yeah, I'm going to run my dual CP3's but I'll need a new 4k kit to make it run well, maybe even a new AFC for the first stage CP3...

-Pit disturber

Only twelve trucks got on the rollers today.. I put down 559hp, I think Reb was just under 1000hp, rebs brother sorry I forgot name 870hp..I forgot the rest of the numbers but im sure they will post them later..

I don't think that Dyno likes big turbos. It's not like a dynojet that lets the motor spin a little to lite the turbo. Reb did 910 just with the Triple dog on Extreme. With the TST turned on, it only did 934 hp. Tells you that the fueling was too much for that type of dyno. Kinda like throwing a tight converter on a big turbo truck. They don't like to spin the turbo off the line.

My little 64mm was screaming, that is why mine came close to Rebs. Mine lit around 1,650 rpms. His wasn't making the boost it should have.

On Adam's truck, he couldn't light the 66mm SB turbo either. His wouldn't come in until 2,300 or so. If he had is NOS working, it might have helped.

chrleb1 said:
I don't think that Dyno likes big turbos.
My little 64mm was screaming, that is why mine came close to Rebs. Mine lit around 1,650 rpms. His wasn't making the boost it should have.

On Adam's truck, he couldn't light the 66mm SB turbo either. His wouldn't come in until 2,300 or so. If he had is NOS working, it might have helped.
tell me about it. i mean 5 holes in my nitrous line so i couldnt run that, and then on my first dyno pull, i only managed 16psi of boost. highest boost i got to on all 4 pulls was 32. i dont know what the problem was. i even tried to build a little boost with my breaks and that still only got me 32 psi. i thought mabey i had a terrible boost leak so after the dyno pull, i took it out on the street and wam, 48 to 52. like Eric said, i think my turbo was just to big and i had to much fuel for that dyno setup. it was sure fun though. had some neat muscle cars show up there to for the show and shine.

So Adam, even with the trouble getting your turbo lit, what kinda numbers did you lay down?

Pangela said:
So Adam, even with the trouble getting your turbo lit, what kinda numbers did you lay down?
only did 497. i should be near 600hp on fuel but with no air to go with all my fuel, it wasnt going to show on that dyno. i need to dyno on a inertia dyno and see where i am at. i got a new nitrous line coming this monday, and a big sand drag race this coming weekend so i will dyno again next monday to see where i am at with everything on and workin. i was kinda dissapointed that my truck didnt run right on the dyno but what can you do. alot of the guys that had decent numbers say, 550 to 590 had alot smaller turbo than i did but either way, i will get some more numbers that are right here pretty quick. so how is your truck doing angela?

inline6power said:
only did 497. i should be near 600hp on fuel but with no air to go with all my fuel, it wasnt going to show on that dyno. i need to dyno on a inertia dyno and see where i am at. i got a new nitrous line coming this monday, and a big sand drag race this coming weekend so i will dyno again next monday to see where i am at with everything on and workin. i was kinda dissapointed that my truck didnt run right on the dyno but what can you do. alot of the guys that had decent numbers say, 550 to 590 had alot smaller turbo than i did but either way, i will get some more numbers that are right here pretty quick. so how is your truck doing angela?
the other thing is that particular dyno place hasnt done very many diesel shows...so they arent nessicarely "perfect" on the way they run the dyno for oil burners.....it doesnt really matter for a lightly modded guy...but REB was the biggest HP diesel to ever be on thier dyno...followed by adam....charlie....etc..etc (not in order) they were kinda shocked at your guys' (never seen a diesel that high) numbers and they might need a littler tuning themselves....

keep me informed what you end up coming out to next week adam!!!

That's still impressive Adam, just shows what's to come out of Blue.

Thanks for asking about Greenie, he's good. Got a few things going on lol. Like falling apart, just kidding... not that bad, but I've been just kind of dealing/ignoring the torque converter for a while now, and the #3 Exhaust rocker arm keeps coming unseated, had it down at Winspeed twice now, keeps coming loose... not sure if it's a bent push rod or what's up, so I have 1 maybe 2 more pulls this season (Newman 20th and 27th) and then I'll put him out for the winter and do some stuff.

It might be the T/C, or it may be a clutch pack in the tranny, not totally sure. Have some funky shuddering issues, and some RPM's not dropping down like they should between gears, but other then that, lol he's good. Nothing huge, just gonna keep going until I start a list of mods and then go hog wild.

Ok, maybe not Hog wild lol but it sounded good. We all can dream, right? Maybe I'll chuck some twins in there, and then dyno. I've still never dyno'd him, and apparently, in his past life, he's never been on a dyno - per Adam and Brett, so I'll have to see what he's got in there as a baseline and go from there!

Marc said:
keep me informed what you end up coming out to next week adam!!!
will do buddy and thanks for the letting me get on the dyno. sorry about the LOW numbers i put down, wish i had a good nitrous line at the event, but either way i had a good time. was nice to meet some of you guys from the forums. i will let you know how i do after next week. see ya bud.

With just the tst and my PS 66 i was only hittting 40lbs of boost,,When I ran the bullydog and tst I hit 50lbs boost

dan shsss said:
With just the tst and my PS 66 i was only hittting 40lbs of boost,,When I ran the bullydog and tst I hit 50lbs boost
well 40 and 50psi is a LOT better than 16psi or 30 psi. i got the fuel but for some reason that dyno didnt like my setup or my turbo.

chrleb1 said:
Maybe it was scared of the Blue Smurf.
yeah thats what i am starting to think. everyone is scared of the extreme bubble gum blue truck. dont know why, but thats the way it is eric lol

Back