Holset exhaust wheel questions.

SmokinCAT

Cheap and Easy.
Anyone ever seen a HC5/HX82 exhaust wheel that is smaller than the E trim wheel at 3.9", I pulled one out of a turbo this past weekend that has a exducer around 3.5" but the major diameter is still the same. Didn't know if this was a modified wheel or something actually offered by holset.

HX 80/82 turbine wheel exducer options are 95,85mm , 106mm and 111,7mm, don't know about HC5. 3,4"/88,9mm seems quite small, smaller than HX 60, probably some cut down wheel.

No where close to a 60 wheel, the major diameter is still the same as the E trim I put back in it.

No where close to a 60 wheel, the major diameter is still the same as the E trim I put back in it.
I meant the exducer is close to HX 60. In fact, that exducer is about the same as HT4 wheel, what's the inducer size? 119mm ? But it's not reverse rotation?

I did some measuring today, it is a 127/86 give it take a little. It is not reverse rotation, I set it down beside the wheel out of my HT80 just to be sure.

Anyone ever seen a HC5/HX82 exhaust wheel that is smaller than the E trim wheel at 3.9", I pulled one out of a turbo this past weekend that has a exducer around 3.5" but the major diameter is still the same. Didn't know if this was a modified wheel or something actually offered by holset.

Was it an 11 or 13 blade?

Back