Home built s300 hybrid help

SuperiorRam

So I have a 64/65/14 over my 475
egts get hot quick

So last night I took apart a John Deere turbo I have layin around it's a s300 that measures out to be 57/68/ .91 with a t4 foot

I'm thinking I can use the 68 turbine wheel with the 64 comp on the twin setup

The question is and I'm sure I know the answer but can I use the 14 wg housing with the 68 wheel

Other wise do ya see any problems I haven't pulled the 64 apart yet

changing both I'd get a s300 based 57/65/__ (rather than a s200 like bd super )
and a 64/68/__

Well i'd love to tell ya yes but I really didn't wanna scare ya by getting on er

I figgure the egt issue is contributed by two things
1 not enough pump or as I like to say it "I gotta have more cowbell"
2 the 65mm exhaust wheel

going to a 71 has been my thought as to lower egts but these turbos are laggy enough for me
a 62 or 64/68/ 13 would be ideal imo but why buy something I may be able to build

Anybody have a PDF or somethin for assembly ???
What tq for wheel nut??
Does the comp wheel pull the shaft into place?

So I have a 64/65/14 over my 475
egts get hot quick

Whats boost out of the primary and drive pressure?

So last night I took apart a John Deere turbo I have layin around it's a s300 that measures out to be 57/68/ .91 with a t4 foot

I'm thinking I can use the 68 turbine wheel with the 64 comp on the twin setup

The question is and I'm sure I know the answer but can I use the 14 wg housing with the 68 wheel

Yes, but it will have to get machined

Other wise do ya see any problems I haven't pulled the 64 apart yet

changing both I'd get a s300 based 57/65/__ (rather than a s200 like bd super )
and a 64/68/__

Super B single is s300 based, 57/65/14

Probably make out better selling the 2 chargers and buying a 62/68 or something.

Sorry but the bd is a s300g and has a small s200 frame I bought a 60mm wheel and cover from j-rod and the cover was about an inch big for the cartrage
thanks

Vary well but the cart is smaller than the one I have here that's the reason I unloaded the bd
a 62,64,66 as were used to seeing them has a cover that plain ole dwarfs the bd super b period
the one I have here is a 57/68/.91 and I can take the cover off my 64 and it won't fall off
thanks for the derail asking for forward help not bass akwards keyboard diareha

If the covers will swap the only problem I see would be shaft size. If they are the same then idk why you cant swap em out.

have fun with that cobbled together turbo w/ the .91 T4 housing... or are you gonna machine the T3 gated housing to clear the 68 wheel with your teeth?

What's so cobbled Forrest
iv had a few pm conversations about machining
just because it's over some peoples heads it just can't be done, wow

I love it when people believe what they see on tv... Conformity at it's best

just because some big shot turbo builder says custom this and custom that the majority of the parts all came stock on this and that...

Cobbled together maybe but more cobbled that the rest, really?

Ya know, years ago I built a h1c/h1e hybrid changing covers and wheels and now even fleebay has em wow
it's only a matter of time before some fool brings the product to the consumer for all us little people to be building a turbo for dd and "quick changing" for tuggin the sled and again for racing is it that hard to belive

if you've got it all figured out then why are you asking these questions? :confused:

my experience w/ the Super B is it's the same frame as the common S300's... you asked about using the "14cm" wastegated housing, but you're sure you know the answer... why ask? LOL

have fun

I love it when people believe what they see on tv... Conformity at it's best

just because some big shot turbo builder says custom this and custom that the majority of the parts all came stock on this and that...

Cobbled together maybe but more cobbled that the rest, really?

yes, they're all using the same parts... no big secret there... been saying that for years. There isn't a whole lot new under the sun.

cobbled together in that you're throwing it together with a big non-gated T4 housing because that's what's on it OR, you can get the T3 housing machined... but you already knew that...

so what was your question exactly? :confused:

I didn't know for sure 100% but a couple people pm'd me yesterday giving advise
two people even want that big .91 housing

Vary well but the cart is smaller than the one I have here that's the reason I unloaded the bd
a 62,64,66 as were used to seeing them has a cover that plain ole dwarfs the bd super b period
the one I have here is a 57/68/.91 and I can take the cover off my 64 and it won't fall off
thanks for the derail asking for forward help not bass akwards keyboard diareha

attachment.php

S300 on left, S300G on right.

Back