home made Pump and cam gears

renopker

DSC00009-1.jpg
Finely got to spinning out the first blanks to day, got the dimensions down. The blanks are cut so next week the cnc will spin the other 20 blanks.
DSC00014.jpg

Are these adjustable gears? How are you going to cut the teeth? Hobb and Shaver machines?

Adjustable, after we cut the teeth they go in the cnc mill. We have in house gear facility's

What material are you using?

Straight cut or helical?

Keeps the pictures coming, looks nice.

Tobin

Price?

I've been brewing up plans for a 2 piece timing cover to access both the cam and pump gears for adjustments. Although the belt would need to be removed, but the fan pulley and bracket maybe left on.

Price?

I've been brewing up plans for a 2 piece timing cover to access both the cam and pump gears for adjustments. Although the belt would need to be removed, but the fan pulley and bracket maybe left on.

I built the cover like this
DSC00010a.jpg
Not sure on the price of any of this at this time.I went to billet gears because I dont like the core part.(waiting ).

I was thining something similar to this. This one is for an LS style GM engine, but you get the idea. basically the half of the cover at the cam and pump gears will remove separate from the crank side.

EDL-4255.jpg

I built the cover like this
DSC00010a.jpg
Not sure on the price of any of this at this time.I went to billet gears because I dont like the core part.(waiting ).

Got a pic of the back side? That gives me some ideas on making a custom cover to adapt an A pump to my Kubota engine in my pulling garden tractor.

I finally got the blanks in the cnc,hope to cut this week.
DSC00018a.jpg

Last edited:
Cnc and in house gear facility. I'm not sure I would exactly call that home made. Looks great, keep pics and info coming.

Back