Hood stack questions..

Morse

Diesel
Are there any hood stacks out there that can prevent water from entering the turbo? I wouldn't want an external flapper, but is that the only choice?

Well.. I'm positive there's no condoms around here that size. A folgers can will clash.. I don't care for volleyballs unless they're being held by a nice young lady. I do have access to supercharged ladies, though I don't know how well the smoke will pass through. Hmm.. It seems like BigBadDodge had a kit that he installed on his puller a while back.. Surely someone has a kit for the hood..

i i guess you could put a hood stack that is on the hood and a smaller stack coming off of the turbo and the smaller stack has a rain flap! but it is inside the bigger stack so you cant see it! would work ..............

I use a mini-keg painted John Deere green with John Deere stickers. I know it's worth at least 5HP in the 1/4 mile.

brnaodn.

Morse,

I've seen a cap used at an 18-wheeler truck wash. It was plastic.

You could invent your own, make a million $$$$, become so wealthy that you could have someone drive your tow rig to the races. He would unload your new even more trick truck for you to drive.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

WAYNES WORLD

98silver12v said:
i i guess you could put a hood stack that is on the hood and a smaller stack coming off of the turbo and the smaller stack has a rain flap! but it is inside the bigger stack so you cant see it! would work ..............

:hehe: "ping..ping.....ping..." ... "hey ya'll, what's that noise"? :hehe: "Does that thing have a Kubota in it?" :hehe:

I had an idea.
Why can't you take a pipe that is a little smaller than the i.d. of your stack and then weld a plate that matches your o.d. on the end. Like a plug. You could put a little handle on it for install and removal.
Just hafta remember to pull it before ignition.
You'd have an inconspicuious whay of keeping rain, and other unthinkables out.

Snedge said:
I had an idea.
Why can't you take a pipe that is a little smaller than the i.d. of your stack and then weld a plate that matches your o.d. on the end. Like a plug. You could put a little handle on it for install and removal.
Just hafta remember to pull it before ignition.
You'd have an inconspicuious whay of keeping rain, and other unthinkables out.

I like this idea.... you can also cook pancakes on it while camping.:Cheer:

JacktheBear3 said:

Wally you always thinking about food?....LOL LOL LOL I found out today, that we (Grand Rock) will make hood stacks! All we know is some housing information, and length of stack you want.....plus if ya'll have any other ideas, lets hear them.

JacktheBear3 said:
Idea pat.# 1212452:)
The pancake idea, you can claim that.
"Lil' more throttle Jeb the flapjacks ain't cookin"

Morse,

The guys have hit on another million dollar idea.
But leave room for the eggs & meat.
Or make it bigger like two sections & call Weber for help.
One word of caution " don't rev it up while cooking " unless your flipping the flap jacks.:hehe:

WAYNES WORLD

The "stack griddle" should be mounted on the side of the stack so that the throttle can be used to control temp. A stainless plate could be welded to a ubolt then mounted to the stack at meal time.
The stainless makes for easy clean up after breakfast in the pits. I love it:)

Back