Hood Stack

cumins01

Think of going this route next season. Was wonding where everyone runs one? Center of hood, foward, back (on turbo side of course). Just cirous. Will header wrap do to keep temps down so the PCM doesnt burn up? Search did not do much or seeing anyone's good ideas.
Thanks
Steve

Pm Roachie. He has a hoodstack if you want to talk to him about his.

Here's mine. 97crewcab on here made it for me...

I relocated my pcm...

stack.jpg

Last edited:
Were you stack comes out more depends on the room you have under the hood to route the pipe!!

and dont be a fool wrap your........er..........up pipe!!

I assume from your signature you have a 24v truck? There are plenty of options for your hood stack.

You can run it like the pictures above.
You can come around the left side of your turbo and run on top of your exhaust manifold. This would put the stack more centered and forward.
You can flip your turbo around on the manifold and just run a 90* up through the hood. Then you have to make a different intake and intercooler tube.

I don't think you are going to get much more than what has been presented already. It is a personal preference.

My underhood plumbing, same way we did Got-Torque's. Stack is through the spot in the hood where there isn't any bracing. The hole is perfect for a 6" stack
Pullernewhoodstackside.jpg

This was just tacked together. We wrapped it before we ran it of course.

the picture above is how i did mine just used a couple elbows and tacked em together to get the fit i wanted then started drilling and finished it up with some ceramic coating and header wrap

Back