Hood Stacks ?

trentnell

I am hood stacking my truck this year , what are you guys using so you dont have to "Oval" the hood so it can open and close ? thought about using an exhaust tip bigger than the pipe coming out of the charger to just and making or finding a decorative ring to atatch it to the hood with ? are there any kits ? help me out fella's i need something with in a week or 2 .

i think your on the right track.. i think grand rock is making a kit.. but i dont think its ready yet.

On our pulling truck a 4 inch pipe exits the back of turbo and sticks up thru the hole in the hood about 3 inches. The hood stack is a 6 inch attached to the hood with a ring we cut out of a piece of flat metal. I think Haisley machine sells a polished stainless ring but we didn't wanna wait on it to ship. The 6 inch just fits down over the 4 inch pipe when the hood is closed.

just do it your self Trent. I know mine is a dodge, but it doesnt take much to build. Mine is 4" off the charger, and the stack is 6".

theres no hood stacks allowed in super street nhrda rules, are you going to move upto prostreet this year

theres no hood stacks allowed in super street nhrda rules, are you going to move upto prostreet this year

Ya thats the plan , the truck wouldnt fit into super street on most levels now , 4 link , shortened frame ,fuel cell, weight , ect . I am building it specificly for pro street .

Thanks fella's I will calll Grand Rock and if not i will wip something up myself , only problem is with a 5" pipe coming out the turbo i would need like a 7" stack on the hood :aiwebs_029:

why not just run 4 inch off the primary? Its exiting in a short distance anyway so would it really be that much of a restriction?

Come on be a man, do a 9 in stack LOL just kidding, my turbo has a 5in outlet, I have it necked down to a 4in with do issues. Any place that sells exhaust parts should be able to get you a 5 to 4 adaptor. Congrats on going big, street truck to pro street. That's a big step, good luck.

Shawn

Yep our kits should be ready soon. The local pulling team has given us some EXCELLENT feedback, and are waiting for the changes we needed to be re-quoted. The mount ring will be 304 S.S. so it can be polished to a shine or painted to match the truck. I should all my numbers back next week, and hopefully a lead time when I'll have some in stock.

Yeah that's what I heard too. Can't wait to see her run, with Rob's tunning she'll be an animal

Yep our kits should be ready soon. The local pulling team has given us some EXCELLENT feedback, and are waiting for the changes we needed to be re-quoted. The mount ring will be 304 S.S. so it can be polished to a shine or painted to match the truck. I should all my numbers back next week, and hopefully a lead time when I'll have some in stock.

It doesn't sound like they will be ready in time for me but def keep at it there is a need for a kit .

From what I've heard, Trent's 2nd turbo is quite large...

Do to money :bang i had to scale down my turbo into stages, stage 1 will be a a 95mm inducer which is still decent sized , then a few months down the road the one i was supposed to get will go in, well if needed anyway .

my stack is 6 in mounted to the hood and it slides over the 5 in coming off of the turbo just fine
Jason

This one is made from 7" well pipe and powder coated black:

hood_stack.jpg

BBD

Back