Horsepower Double 2005

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We recently had a bone stock 2005 Common Rail on the dyno and just finished up the video documenting the parts that were used to create a reliable double.

Now some hardcore budget guys suggested we simply add a big tune and ghetto fog it with nitrous, but this rig needed to be reliable since they actually use it as the family hauler:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WVlsdKTSrE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WVlsdKTSrE[/ame]

Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments on this project or a different model year that we should try to "double" "triple" etc.?

I just watched the video this morning with breakfast and I really enjoyed it! My brother is currently running the BD Special B turbo on his 05 and I am trying to persuade him to go with the s362. I think this video is going to help!

I personally think a video of a first gen cummins with a VE pump showing how to make 400HP would be cool for customers/viewers. When I was in high school all I could afford was a first gen cummins so you would be hitting the newer crowd that are just getting into diesels.

Pretty cool! They are going to have fun driving that truck now.:clap:

Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments on this project or a different model year that we should try to "double" "triple" etc.?

Good video. Pretty simple. It’s a shame these truck need a trans to hold any kind of power.

Your welcome to try double the power on my 16’ lol

neither..just curius..making sure what I saw is all...nice job I thought...budget build for the hp

I might of missed it but what was the turbine and housing sizes? Also it would be helpful if you guys included more data, even if it was just on screen like EGT, how munch uS it took for both tunes etc.

I like your guys’ videos. Very informative, Lee up the good work and keep the videos coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always enjoy the PDD videos and content. Being we don’t have TV, your channel is part of my weekly video fix.

From a business stand point, it doesn’t seem logical to host a double the HP contest of an older 1st gen, maybe even a 12v second gen. The age on these trucks and engines could easily lead to more leaks, more headaches for the client, and steering components would be a concern of mine as a business owner performing the work.

Many folks want to see these recipe’s, but it may be smarter to perform this on an employees vehicle. Just my thought.

Keep up the great work!

I might of missed it but what was the turbine and housing sizes? Also it would be helpful if you guys included more data, even if it was just on screen like EGT, how munch uS it took for both tunes etc.

I like your guys’ videos. Very informative, Lee up the good work and keep the videos coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea, we'll work harder on the next video to share more of the data. On the hottest tune, EGT would peak right at 1675 or so sustained load on the dyno. Out on the street it actually runs a little cooler, must be something to do with the either the additional airflow through the intercooler at high speed... or the pucker factor when you go 100+ MPH in a 3/4 ton....

Always enjoy the PDD videos and content. Being we don’t have TV, your channel is part of my weekly video fix.

From a business stand point, it doesn’t seem logical to host a double the HP contest of an older 1st gen, maybe even a 12v second gen. The age on these trucks and engines could easily lead to more leaks, more headaches for the client, and steering components would be a concern of mine as a business owner performing the work.

Many folks want to see these recipe’s, but it may be smarter to perform this on an employees vehicle. Just my thought.

Keep up the great work!

At first we we worked with some magazines on the builds and realized, they have tons of hook-ups, lets pay it forward to our customers that support us. If we get into triple or quadruple the power, it might have to be in in-house build for safety reasons....

Back