Hot Rod Diesel Fuel

If chemicals are needed (large quantity)..... contact me.

Careful with fuel mixing boys, because the day is coming, when the techs are going to dip yer fuel, and you will be watching from the stands, or worse, DQd, after you win.

You may as well add sparkplugs and turn it into a alky motor, which is about a 1/2 step away from a few of the V-8 "diesel' racers right now.

DIESEL means something.

Well, I know where you're coming from on this Gene, but I think all of the sanctioning bodies would do well to better define what they want. Most state:

"Pump diesel (#1/#2) or bio only".

Doesn't say what % the "pump" portion is. Almost everyone I know runs some additive, say for example, Stanadyne. So if I take my tank of "pump" fuel (which is legal) and add some Stanadyne to it (which is also legal because it is not prohibited), then I consider it legal.

So what if some guy figures out that running 50% "pump" and 50% Stanadyne gives more power? Sounds like that's OK too. What about 90% additive?

I guess I'd like to know what NADM (and others) think about this. Because, as you well know, until you define what's illegal and in what %, and have a way to reliably test it, then the fuel doctoring will continue.

I think policing fuel is going to be pretty tough since the cocktails are gonna be tough to determine what they are. You'd have to take whatever tools you have and test them on a wide range of dino/bio mixtures, then add some cetane and do everything over. I'd be real interested in seeing if the data are reliable from whatever methods are out there.

Last edited:
Trust me, its real easy to police , but I’m never telling

We have played the fuel game for 20 years in comp. Comp racers find power; the tech guys find a way to detect it. , comp racers find a masking agent, the tech guys once again figure that out also. During the Rat Poison days in Pro Stock and Comp hot fuel with all the tricks and masking agents was about $500 a gallon. Cheap if you were 20 hp down on the field and need a few hundredths. But in the end NHRA fixed it with a spec fuel that was necessary to keep the playing fields level. . Every one in a performance based class, was required to buy or was given the exact same fuel out of the same lot number drums. This fuel was out of date a weekend later and cost $15 a gallon. V.P. C 25 .
It’s very easy to dip the tank or have a test tap on the car in a easy to get to location. It’s in the NHRA rule book now in Pro Stock, comp, Super Stock, and Stock. You use a dielectric meter to test, and a color strip to check that the color of the fuel is still the same. If you unsure you run a spectrograph on the fuel, it’s relatively easy.

It’s very simple, and if you really want the straight up details, it is more beneficial to a fixed timing mechanical pump program. The Electronic engines have the ability to gain back a high percentage

keating been stocking sabre-chem for a couple of years now not a big news flash as this thread seems to be pointing out. contact him at keating machine

Last edited:
Darren, Keating has all sorts of stuff in that shop that most people would think is a news flash LOL Don't tell all the secrets!! LOL

We have been dyno testing our new additives... We have several different levels. The hottest stuff we have is unbelievably more powerful than ANYTHING on the market. It still has great amount of lubricity as well. I cant say any numbers yet but its amazing! All this still depends on what our associations (NADM, DHRA, etc) want to do for the fuel though.

Sabre-Chem Incorporated
PO Box 140296
Broken Arrow, OK 74014
Phone: (918) 587-1555

We have been dyno testing our new additives... We have several different levels. The hottest stuff we have is unbelievably more powerful than ANYTHING on the market. It still has great amount of lubricity as well. I cant say any numbers yet but its amazing! All this still depends on what our associations (NADM, DHRA, etc) want to do for the fuel though.

LOL! Mass burned fraction cycle variations are altered in HCCI from carbon chain dynamics. You ether rob from the top to feed the bottom even with 2ethyl-nitrite enrichments......

Where did your conbustion data go?

I'd be interested in seeing your lubricity data and engine dyno test results as well.

I have burned about half of the Hiperfuel that they sent me, and so far I like it. I cannot say that I am getting a whole bunch better performance for sure. Butt o meter says its got a little more kick. They say it smokes less, but that would be a big no! its got a 63 cetane rating and is supposed to burn hotter, but one thing that has me perplexed is my EGT's have dropped almost 150??????

I have burned about half of the Hiperfuel that they sent me, and so far I like it. I cannot say that I am getting a whole bunch better performance for sure. Butt o meter says its got a little more kick. They say it smokes less, but that would be a big no! its got a 63 cetane rating and is supposed to burn hotter, but one thing that has me perplexed is my EGT's have dropped almost 150??????

ref.#70 I've mixed for 5 years, yes. I'm a mixer:hehe:

this is so cool... furthur evidence that we are really all on the edge of a movement and a sport...

reminds me of listening to old school guys talking about hydrazine! :cool:

Back