HotRodDiesel Truck -Why it would not start and ran like chit!

Your Welcome Snedge

I just dropped the block off to start the machine work.
We should be up and running in a few weeks.
I'm still tempted to sleeve the cracked block but I'm very sure that's a bad idea :badidea:

I have one sleeve in mine, he did such a great job that you can't even tell (now) which one is sleeved, I'm not even slightly worried about it.

Jim

I disagree... nitrous is just air... he lost a boot and wanted to make an exhibition run knowing he was tempting fate. If that boot hadn't blown, the truck would have a lot of passes on that engine by now

Try running "just air" in your cutting torch the next time you have to cut a piece of 3/8 flat.
Sorry bout your luck Michael.Its nothing that a little hard work & money wont fix right up. We will see ya soon at the races im sure.

Ouch block too? Well you blew a motor I wrecked a truck out there on the same weekend I want revenge on that track.

I have one sleeve in mine, he did such a great job that you can't even tell (now) which one is sleeved, I'm not even slightly worried about it.

Jim
I agree Jim. I used sleeves before but not in a cylinder that has a obvious flaw.
But I'm still thinking about it :)

Try running "just air" in your cutting torch the next time you have to cut a piece of 3/8 flat.
Sorry bout your luck Michael.Its nothing that a little hard work & money wont fix right up. We will see ya soon at the races im sure.

Thanks John, you will see me again. I'm to stoopid to quit.
As long as I have the money that is :doh:

Ouch block too? Well you blew a motor I wrecked a truck out there on the same weekend I want revenge on that track.

I feel no need to go back there for some strange reason :kick:

sorry to hear your luck mike. knowing you u will be cutting low ET's within a month!

Michael ask if I wanted to come down today and help remove a few unnecessary things on the race truck. Since the engines out seemed like a good time to get rid of things not really needed for racing.

Well we had time to unbolt and disconnect a few things. I think the plasma cutter will get a workout tomorrow.

A few things will go back on, but not near as much as came out.

I am gonna miss the stereo, heater and AC but has a lot more foot room now. LOL

12_20_02_10_9_40_39_0.jpeg

12_20_02_10_9_40_39_1.jpeg

No! Not the Stereo! Michael, it is now going to be a Hot drive to Track... Either way it would be awesome for you to crack off another set of 10 second passes and/or 9 second pass drive it 55 miles home again! John, Thanks for the Pictures..

Save the stereo for the express truck! the 1978 eight track with CB input is not cutting it. LOL

Good time to lose the front bumper and make a one piece front end that can come off fairly easy like we did.

I agree Jim. I used sleeves before but not in a cylinder that has a obvious flaw.
But I'm still thinking about it :)

If you decide to try and sleeve it let us know how it turns out. I have a block up here with a cracked cylinder too but I don't think I want to take a chance on it. Good luck with whichever way you go!

If you decide to try and sleeve it let us know how it turns out. I have a block up here with a cracked cylinder too but I don't think I want to take a chance on it. Good luck with whichever way you go!

Will do

The race truck mods are still in progress. Slow but making progress.

Roll cage Chromoly enhancements. Better access and additional strength.

12-150310193851-2.jpeg

12-150310193851-1.jpeg

12-150310193850-0.jpeg

Fenders have went on a diet.

12-150310193851-3.jpeg

12-150310193851-4.jpeg

Wow! You all weren't kidding about shaving weight! Excellent progress considering how much work goes through that shop! I know that MDW doesn't skimp on anything, so I know that this Pro Street Truck is going to really turn heads! Great luck! Can't wait until it debuts!

Back