Houston Dyno Day-Sept 8.

sootman

Banned
Darkside Dieselworx is putting on a dyno day for Houston area diesel owners. We have pulled some favors to get into this high end mustang shop. As you all know...nobody wants their shop and customers cars covered in soot, so it is getting harder to find willing owners of dyno's to accept us. I have the ducting to cover anyone with stock style tailpipes up to 6". If you have stacks and want to attend, you will have to bring some type of evac. system otherwise HP will not allow you to pull. The dyno is a dynojet. The place is Houston Performance off of Hwy 249. They are just south of the Beltway 8. Sept. 8th. Time will be at 10am till the last truck. Let us know if you are interested.:Cheer:

sootman said:
Darkside Dieselworx is putting on a dyno day for Houston area diesel owners. We have pulled some favors to get into this high end mustang shop. As you all know...nobody wants their shop and customers cars covered in soot, so it is getting harder to find willing owners of dyno's to accept us. I have the ducting to cover anyone with stock style tailpipes up to 6". If you have stacks and want to attend, you will have to bring some type of evac. system otherwise HP will not allow you to pull. The dyno is a dynojet. The place is Houston Performance off of Hwy 249. They are just south of the Beltway 8. Sept. 8th. Time will be at 10am till the last truck. Let us know if you are interested.:Cheer:
I would be interested if I get my truck back in time to test out the new mods...

If we can't get at least 20 trucks wanting to dyno their rigs. He isn't going to open the dyno, because it's not worth it to him. Dodge, Ford, and Chevy....hell even a foreign diesel is welcome. I want to show these sports car guys what these diesels are capable of and open their mindset to what we are doing with our trucks. It is getting damn near impossible to get dyno time other than at a race!

If this guy doesn't want to open up for less than 20 trucks...just call Slaters Mustangs in Atascosita....Slater is real easy to deal with and has hosted diesel only dyno days before. He has a built in Dynojet that's right by one of the doors...smoke can easily be routed out the door.

UNBROKEN said:
If this guy doesn't want to open up for less than 20 trucks...just call Slaters Mustangs in Atascosita....Slater is real easy to deal with and has hosted diesel only dyno days before. He has a built in Dynojet that's right by one of the doors...smoke can easily be routed out the door.

HP's dyno is setup the same way. How much did Slater's charge last time per truck? If you know.

I never went to a dyno day there...but it's 75 for 3 pulls when I used him in the past by myself.

I'm moving this to the events forum also...it'll get more exposure there.

im game i should be done and or almost by then so i can get some dyno #'s to see where it's at. well done except the turbo upgrade but who knows might be done might be a little shy of complete either way i want to Dyno !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
moneymaker44 said:
im game i should be done and or almost by then so i can get some dyno #'s to see where it's at. well done except the turbo upgrade but who knows might be done might be a little shy of complete either way i want to Dyno !!!!!!!!

If you need some help finishing up...holler at me I'm over in magnolia all the time. I'll give you a hand anytime.:Cheer:

Powerstroke Racer said:
I'll bring a low hp Ford.

Bring all the Fords you can David. Steve's wife drives a 7.3 excursion and he was talking about doing somethings to it.....might be business in it for you.:Cheer:

Damn the luck,I wish it was any other weekend but that one,I will be in S.Texas.I would really like to go,maybe next time.:hehe:

Thats a shame RC, because if we had a truck to out horsepower their outlaw car we would've gotten a free dyno day. I went by there today....here a the stipulations: Rear trac cannot be wider than 82"(outside to outside) stock wheels on the back guys. Dually owners, you know the drill. It will be 2 pulls at 50.00 a truck. Daily tune and Race tune..... I am providing cold drinks and maybe some hamburgers. We hope to see ya'll there!!!!:Cheer:

oh crap i got a dually and have freaking buckshot mudders on the darn thing i might not be able to slide in on this one ! SOOTMAN i gotta do my head gasket and valve springs ,injectors and DV's + barrels soon but what i mean by being done i getting my turbo to keep the extra fuel cool and egt's down
if i can get this van i am selling gone i will be able to make it but may not be able to pull being a dually with mud grips :)

sootman said:

Wish i could make it

but my scheldule says i gotta work... damn i hate bein a rookie.. i have no rights yet...:eek:wned:

Maybe next time

Rick

moneymaker44 said:
oh crap i got a dually and have freaking buckshot mudders on the darn thing i might not be able to slide in on this one ! SOOTMAN i gotta do my head gasket and valve springs ,injectors and DV's + barrels soon but what i mean by being done i getting my turbo to keep the extra fuel cool and egt's down
if i can get this van i am selling gone i will be able to make it but may not be able to pull being a dually with mud grips :)

With the outer wheels off you aren't under or at 82"? Most non-truck dyno's aren't wide enough for dual wheels, but removing the outside wheels usually solves this problem.

should be close enough but really have not checked it.
but will probably spin the tires with only one on the rear. guess i will just roll into the throttle and hope they don't break loose i know mud grips are not real good for doing a dyno but oh well i am only trying to get above 400 hp on this old truck ! i am probably close to it my guess 350 hp range now but with my new goodies and pray i can get my turbo before then i should make 400 I hope.

Dyno is still on Sept.8th at 10am. Houston Performance is the place. They are at the second light south of beltway 8 on hwy 249. They are on the north bound side behind the gas station at the light. SEE YA THERE!:Cheer:

%&)^()^)%(*) gotta work this saturday ! got the Head gasket done injectors and :) few other goodies but egt's get hot quick :( so even if i was not working i could not do the Dyno this time around ! but i will get the turbo soon then i can play a little, sux's got lots of ponies and can't let them run right now but when i can beware !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

everyone have a great time at Dyno day !
heck dyno (yeah i wanted to do it) but i wanted to meet a few great Comp D
Members ! thats even better than numbers !--------if it ain't your truck LOL !!!!!!!!! have a blast gang ! wish i could join this time but you know how it is make money or spend it! anyone see a black one ton drive by light the tires or just black out 249 and roll on. er um cough it aint me :) not on the way to work but wellllllllll not really out of the way :)

Last edited:
Back