How bout some power??

powerstroke8994

Well guys i dont own a older VE pump truckbut today i worked on 2 of them. Both where 93 intercooled trucks. I turned the star wheel up 1.5 turns, repositioned the accelerator linkage, turned the fuel pin 90 degrees so i had the steeper side,and turned the screw till flush with the nut on the AFC hosuing plate. Question is that i wasnt impressed with how much it did. Yeah it smoked a little bit on low rpm and did make bout 4psi more boost but what else can i do? I was thinking maybe adding a airdog150 and a set of injectors. He doesnt need a higherrpm either. They are both autos if that helps. Im not too familir with these older rotary pumps so icould use a little help.

did you adjust the fuel/full power screw? thats where the fun begins. i wouldnt recomend tuning this without an egt tho.

It's the screw that's in focus in the picture.

0803dp_07_z+1989_dodge_ram+old_fuel_screw_location.jpg

There is a tamper-proof collar you'll have to break off to turn in the screw past about 3/4 of a turn, but you should see at least 50hp extra. Be careful to not turn it in too far or else the engine will run away.

Back