How did you do Dual ram hydraulic steering

pick017

ohio sled puller
HI im getting ready to put hydraulic steering on my truck(97 dodge dana 60). I've searched through the forum and haven't had much luck finding any pictures of how they mounted their cylinder to the axle. I've got a idea how I want it, but would like to see what other people have done.

Try pirate 4x4 forum will be more info on hydro steering stuff.. Most of the time dual rams are centered on the axle with a toe rod to steering knuckle on each side.
83b24f79f9666b8917c14e41fac631b9.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. I was pondering how to center it and still access the differential. Kjpcummins you don't have any more of those covers laying around do you?:Cheer:

Originally I was going to make the cover myself. But for what different offroad fab shops are charging for a d60 cover it wasn't worth the time imo. I just added the mount to the cover and axle.

Why are you going with dual ram? You know to be street legal you need to have a mechanical connection right?

It's very easy to modify your stock steering gear box to push fluid to a single ram. It takes a TON of stress off of your pan hard bar and drag link and ps gear box.

If this is off-road use only, ignore my comment!

It's on a 2.6 trailer queen. I've some how bent two sets of steer linkages so far this year. So that's why I'm going with the dual ram setup.

It's on a 2.6 trailer queen. I've some how bent two sets of steer linkages so far this year. So that's why I'm going with the dual ram setup.

Ah! That makes more sense.
You might want to drop the Dodge D60 then. The knuckles don't have great mounting points. Or drill out the taper and do a double sheer setup.

A kingpin D60 would be better though so you can bolt an upper arm and have the double sheer on the knuckle.

I ordered a complete set this morning from racing in the dirt, it comes with all the brackets needed, ram, column, quick release steering wheel, and electric pump under $2K

here is some of our damage from last weekend, destroyed the dodge offroad heavy duty drag links as it ripped the ball joints out and snapped the left axle.

Attachments

• scheid1.jpg
    scheid1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • scheid2.jpg
    scheid2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 0
  • scheid3.jpg
    scheid3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • scheid4.jpg
    scheid4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
  • scheid5.jpg
    scheid5.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
Our plan is to be back up and running by the world finals.

I ordered a complete set this morning from racing in the dirt, it comes with all the brackets needed, ram, column, quick release steering wheel, and electric pump under $2K

I couldn't find anything about hydraulic steering on there website?

Call and talk to Chris he has done mine and a couple of my buddies. I should have the kit today less the pump, its a couple days behind, I will get pics for you then.

Back