How Hot, Is Too Hot. While sledpulling.

I can snuff my turbo if i dont watch where i am with my boost. I have also had bad luck with the wide open and start leaveing the clutch out. snapped my tcase main shaft.. and cant afford a t271 or 241 dhd right now..

even with my water, I will see a constant 1875-1950* every time I pull or race. I did try something different this last weekend at the pull though. A turbo sock. Only saw 1704* this time. And that was according to the recall on the monitor that I watch religiously.

keeps the heat contained under the "sock" or "blanket". under hood temps. were down, spool time is quicker, and egt's are down. it helps those with larger chargers with auto trannys. I run a K31 with an auto. there were a couple other changes also, but for time spent on the line, it made quite a bit of difference by its self. temps mostly.

after I put one on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG0XJXIe-O8

before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77k1SqfezjY

Is there any information on the theory of what makes this item work? :thankyou2:

also Price/availability on S400 model.

Well when air gets hot it expands so if you keep the heat in exhaust housing, it spools it earlier. So simply put, the air packs more punch to spin the wheel earlier, instead off bleeding the higher temperature off into the engine bay. The turbo blanket will also keep the compressor housing from getting heat soaked from the exhaust side. (cool air is more dense--more hp). On my truck it even lowered the EGT's by making it the turbo more efficient. All I can say is, i was pretty skeptical at first but for $120 bucks how could i go wrong? It made a huge difference in spool time and EGT's for me. I won't run without one again. I know they are available, dominator has them for $100 till the end of the month

thanks sounds interesting. Ive been looking for something for my top turbo because it sits so close to the wire loom along the cowl, plus its near the filter. this may be the ticket.

Well after getting my EGT's to approx. 1700* driving around. We stopped, popped the hood and could still touch the compressor housing, intake tubes, etc. You can even leave your hand on top of the blanket. I would bet you couldn't even do that after just driving through town.

Hi. Thanks Guys For the info. I usually let it run for 5-10min after pulling to help it cool down. I was planning on putting water, bigger injectors,hot rod pump, ported head,ect this winter, But I think I'm goin to sell to help pay for my scheid 12valve for my 98.

Hi. Thanks Guys For the info. I usually let it run for 5-10min after pulling to help it cool down. I was planning on putting water, bigger injectors,hot rod pump, ported head,ect this winter, But I think I'm goin to sell to help pay for my scheid 12valve for my 98.

I let mine run after a pull or race too, im sure most do also. I have big water, sticks, pump, turbo and other goodies. All im saying is that even though the high temps are for a short period if time, whatever you can do to keep them down even a little, can help a lot.

Last edited:
I have one more pull this weekend and then the truck will get put back to mildly stock form and probly sold. I wanted to build both trucks but I think I'd rather have my 1000hp 12valve for next season

1800 hahahaha mine still cruises up past 2000 but cheap pyrometers will tell you strange things lol, and stock turbos love to sled pull too

Back