How important is being at class weight?

the reality is if you give up anything thats all your doing to someone like me that will not.. winning or beating by an inch is as good as a mile... why would you knowingly give up any advantage?
i understand for a new setup test but adding that wieght in will change things..
just my opinion.. take it for what its worth as a competitor.. just saying

the reality is if you give up anything thats all your doing to someone like me that will not.. winning or beating by an inch is as good as a mile... why would you knowingly give up any advantage?
i understand for a new setup test but adding that wieght in will change things..
just my opinion.. take it for what its worth as a competitor.. just saying

understood... i've had a truck hook great at 6,900.lbs and place several times... but when we loaded it to full 8,000lbs it couldnt pull its own and didnt have the power it needed vs the traction, same psi, same sled, dif track same soil type, so that truck will always compete <7,000lbs.

im not trying to say anyone is wrong but as you stated knowing your combo is not optimum in a given wieght class your giving up something.. im not rich or even have "money" but i know dang well that i can/do beet a 9++ hp truck with my 750hp(took me 2 years to build this motor) truck on setup alone.. and if you doubt that your beeting yourself.. im just saying if your as competative as i am giving up a couple hundred lb puts you at a disadvatage to me, but i go to be a player not a particapent.. no offence.

thats completely understood. no offence taken, i understand where you are coming from.. so to the OP your stating being as close to the max wieght as possible is 9 times outta 10 giving you the maximum competative edge. and by me being at 7500lbs vs 8000 im potentionaly handicapping myself... 750>900 means you have her dialed in and are getn all of it to the ground....i like seeing the underdog win.

My opinion: In general weight equals traction, which generally equals increased distance. Some guys play with being slightly lower than the maximum weight when they need to find the exact sweet spot for their gearing. If power is your issue change your gear selection, tire size, etc.

Back