how to degree a cam

P pumped24v

ok so i bought a hamilton 181/210 cam and droped it in. Ever since i did it is laggy and not responsive. i have gone over every thing like 5 times and now am thinking that the cam may need an off set key . I am just woundering if buying the big degree wheel is the only way to do it

truck is a p pumped 24v with, 450cc 12mm pump,125hp bd injectors, #110 valve springs, 12mm studs, and a 57mm super b over a ht3b,

checked my timming, checked for boost leaks, switched small turbos, checked intercooler , played with afc and changed out the plate. the only time it gets better is when i pull the fuel back with me schied adjustable fuel plate, then it is just slow and has no top end....forgot to say my timing is at 20*

I don't have a lot of experience with the p-pumps timing, but isn't 20* a little much for his fueling?

I don't have a lot of experience with the p-pumps timing, but isn't 20* a little much for his fueling?

no. 20 is good for daily driving. with a small charger 28-30 from my experience is the best for overall power and response. just my thoughts.

no. 20 is good for daily driving. with a small charger 28-30 from my experience is the best for overall power and response. just my thoughts.

So do u think I should start bumpin my timing up and see what happens. I'm up for anything if u think it will help

So do u think I should start bumpin my timing up and see what happens. I'm up for anything if u think it will help

thats where Id start if you are 100% certain you didnt get the cam and crank gear marks off one or more teeth.

yes i think you will be happy with it. just dont get carried away with timing like some ive seen.:lolly:

wouldn't 28 degrees be spraying out of the bowl?

not likely. really depends on your cone angle width. but even if it was out of the bowl a little it isnt going to cause any problems. problems occur with deep flycuts with fuel running over the edge of the piston to the top ring land. or someone that doesnt know how to time a pump and washes the cylinder with fuel. low to mid 30s ive personally never seen a problem. just good power.

wow thanks I have an adjustable gear and I've always been leery of going to high. I have mahle pistons with enlarged bowls and .200 flycuts.

Back