How to replace T/A

farmboypowerstr

I've never worked on an IH before, I only run JD. Its the neighbors, I went over today and looked at it. When its in gear and you let the clutch out slowly the tractor wants to jump a head, it will move 1/2 inch a head then stop. One time I put it in reverse and it backed up about 6-8 feet, then I had to stop because there was a building in the way. Then I tried again to get it to go a head and reverse and it wants to go but it won't. The hi low lever seems to move way to easy, I can have it in low and push it in high with 1 finger easily, any way to make it go in harder. I know that probably has nothing to do with the problem we have now, but needs to be harder to engage, heck if you get a strong wind it will move the lever lol Theres roughly 25 hours on a complete overhaul, new clutch,flywheel. and new T/A

A few people think something let go in the T/A how do you replace a T/A in a 1486?

I'll let others chime in, but if the T/A is pulled back and the tractor doesn't move then yes the T/A is shot. Pretty common among these tractors that work hard. But it sounds like it was done wrong if it was completely overhauled 25hrs ago.

My 1066 is shot as well, I am pretty sure you have to break the tractor in-half, should be a fairly simple job, as I am going to replace mine as well.

could be the mcv pump or mcv valve....also check the adjustment of the ta theres a snap ring on the spool that the ta lever moves when that spool is down distance from the snap ring to the valve housing should be the thickness of a dime and when the spool is up should be an inch and an eighth

could be the mcv pump or mcv valve....also check the adjustment of the ta theres a snap ring on the spool that the ta lever moves when that spool is down distance from the snap ring to the valve housing should be the thickness of a dime and when the spool is up should be an inch and an eighth

x2 I would double check this as well... Fact is I would make sure that the cable isn't broke and that the valve isn't stuck in between those two points. That would most definitely cause it not to move.

Back