Hp improvement ? Wh1c swapped out for he351cw

if you have the cast elbow out the back with the charger, then you can use the cr downpipe, a stocker is 4" maybe... i used a modified hx40 downpipe with a he351 flange welded to it. it jsut seemed easier.

the manifold is a different angle, so no, a cr charge pipe will not fit. though there is plenty of threads about this subject on a second gen truck.

if you have the cast elbow out the back with the charger, then you can use the cr downpipe, a stocker is 4" maybe... i used a modified hx40 downpipe with a he351 flange welded to it. it jsut seemed easier.

the manifold is a different angle, so no, a cr charge pipe will not fit. though there is plenty of threads about this subject on a second gen truck.

Thanks for the quick info man

uh, yes

its as close to a hx35/40 hybrid as you can get from the factory.
same turbine as a 35, same compressor as a super40, in a 9cm open exhaust housing

ive put a few he351s on 2nd gen trucks. biggest problem is keeping IC piping in place with the bend you have to put in it soon after the charger. On the last truck i just used a aluminum piece connected to the charger, then the ic pipe to keep it from pushing apart at the boot.

I would say the 351 is a good improvement over a hx35 from my experience

Good deal. I need some kind of improvement for my street stock puller. Debating on whether or not to go to a 351 or get my HX rebuilt with performance wheels and the like (if there are such a thing). I know Fleece and some others have them for the 351, but I dont know about HX upgrades and if the shaft can take much more. What kind of manifold pressure are seen out of theses chargers?

I dont know much of anything outside of a 2nd gen....

I just got some more pieces for the swap. A friend of mine sent me a Christmas gift in the mail. He sent me the the exhaust adapter to run a hx40 down pipe and the the 2 clamps that go with it. Greg you are the man! Now I just need a few more parts and my Trans will really hate me lol.

Good deal. I need some kind of improvement for my street stock puller. Debating on whether or not to go to a 351 or get my HX rebuilt with performance wheels and the like (if there are such a thing). I know Fleece and some others have them for the 351, but I dont know about HX upgrades and if the shaft can take much more. What kind of manifold pressure are seen out of theses chargers?

I dont know much of anything outside of a 2nd gen....

Well from the other threads I've read about swapping these chargers onto 12 valves most people limit the max boost to 40-42 lbs while others run them up to 48 psi while still gaining hp. Bigblue24 has a good thread about swapping the he351. I started this thread just to get some guesses/pointers on my current setup.

Back