HPOP oil lines

kino_fab

KTPA Tech Official
I've got a sustomer that has a bad oil leak. I spotted the problem being the o-ring in the fitting at the pump for the passenger cylinderhead oil line. As I pointed to the problem he seen where the quick connect fittings are loose and wobbly. He said he didn't like that and was wondering if there is an oil line kit that eliminates the quick connect fittings? I told him that the quick connects wouldn't be something to worry about very much, but he insists on finding some other setup. Is there any kit that you guys may know of that would work?

you mite try the parker store they have alot of special fittings and hose just make sure its capable of handling at least 4000 psi thats where i went to make my cross over hose

The quick-connect fittings will move around by hand, even new ones. However, Ford has updated both the lines as well as the fittings. These updates address some of the typical problems seen with them leaking over time. Best bet is to get the updated fittings and lines and be done with it.

If he want's something without QD's it's gonna have to be custom made.

Even Joey's fan's are using factory lines with no issues so, at most, update his lines to the newer ford models.

Wonder it the OBS PSD lines will fit, they don't have the quick disconnects.

Tobin

Wonder it the OBS PSD lines will fit, they don't have the quick disconnects.

Tobin

Hmm...

Been a minute since I've had my head under an OBS hood lookin at that, not sure if they had QD's or not.

If they don't though, the HPOP and oil rails are in the exact same place, so they'll work just fine.

Hmm...

Been a minute since I've had my head under an OBS hood lookin at that, not sure if they had QD's or not.

If they don't though, the HPOP and oil rails are in the exact same place, so they'll work just fine.

The two '97s that I owned did not. Never had a issue with the HPOP lines. Have a couple friends with 7.3 Superdutys that I have changed out the QD fittings on.

Tobin

Seems to be a common thing.... My mom called me one day and said her truck made some oil puddles under her truck(along with some fuel) ordered some new orings and seals for the whole HPOP and fuel bowl. Replaced them all and now no leaks. I did notice even after I replaced the seals in the lines, they still "jiggled" a little bit. I think the whole kit was like $30.

Back