HTT 62/71/13ss?

MegaBOMB

I'm considering picking up the new HTT 62/71/13ss turbo for my '06 MegaCab and was hoping someone would be able to answer a couple of questions...

How does the lag compare to the stock turbo?
Will my MPG suffer compared to my stock turbo?
At what PSI does this turbo exceed its efficiency range?

Also, I currently have a new set of ATS Aurora twins still sitting in the crate, but I'm not a fan of the cold pipe routing or the intake provided. Am I crazy to consider ditching my unused ATS twins in favor of the new HTT turbo?

Thanks!

MegaBOMB said:
I'm considering picking up the new HTT 62/71/13ss turbo for my '06 MegaCab and was hoping someone would be able to answer a couple of questions...

How does the lag compare to the stock turbo?
Will my MPG suffer compared to my stock turbo?
At what PSI does this turbo exceed its efficiency range?

Also, I currently have a new set of ATS Aurora twins still sitting in the crate, but I'm not a fan of the cold pipe routing or the intake provided. Am I crazy to consider ditching my unused ATS twins in favor of the new HTT turbo?

Thanks!
David Dunbar went form 35/3B twins to a HT turbo like the one you describe and is very happy with it.

Like Billy said, I took my HX35/3B twins off and replaced them with a High Tech 62/71/13 SS. This done on my 450hp 12v.

I'm not going to tell you it's better than twins. Twins have their place and I feel aways will. But this single is sweet as they come for my needs with acceptable (meaning very little) lag, good grip on EGT's, and seems fine pushing 50 psi. Every trait of this turbo on my 12v should be even better with the CR. With 450-460 hp out of the twins, I got 475 out of the single with a small TQ penalty.

This turbo will eventually find it's way on top of another HTT turbo for a "new" set of twins for me. But to be honest, the lower internal pressures (much less "hp leaks" with the single :hehe: ) and increased ease for oil filter access etc. this single is the ticket IMO.

Have realistic expectations from it and you will be very happy.

Good Luck.:ft:

Go with a single. less heat and I have not seen a twin set up show me lower egt's than my II silver 66. If you have the fuel, you will not have any lag.$.02

Back