HTTss Prostreet66

Robertp said:
thanks for clearing that up for us all. you started to sound like there were others in the NGM business that have come across that way.

i do agree in a way yes this turbo did lose some power compared to the silver bullet. the way i see it is that should have been stated after the dynoing of the two. they are very different turbos to say the least, but they have been compared in other threads about this new SS turbo. so yes the new SS turbo should have a lower egt it has a larger exhaust housing, as well as it should spool slower. i think some people have gotten off track alittle in this thread, we are not comparing companies here we are comparing turbos. they just so happen to be made by different companies.

on a different note i did here that II did get the surging issue taken care of on the SPS 66 and the SB 66. so that should be another test in itself. personally i do tow quite often and i have never had a problem with surging with my SPS 66 but then again i have a six speed which dont seem to be effected by that.

so insted of comparing apples to oranges, why not take one of the new SS and build it to 66/71/14 and then test it against the new silver bullet that does not surge, before anyone goes saying one is better than the other, and making some huge useless thread about how great one is, compared to the other turbos one has run in the past.

just some thoughts. i dont plan on losing any sleep over it, do you?

Steve didn't start this thread, nor do the majority of us find it useless either.

The fact is that if YOUR partner hadn't gotten involved, and worded his post in the way he did, this thread wouldn't be half as large as it is now.

HeberRam said:
To once again help the guys at NGM, I have the NEW silver bullet that is suppose to not surge. The mod that II has done did make a difference minimmizing surging running it in unloaded situtations. However, towing the surging is still there as I have an auto. Why don't you guys go spend some money and make the comparissons above. I state the facts, and if you find what I say as "some useles thread" so be it. Just some thoughts, I don't plan on losing any sleep over it either.:bang

I just want to say thanks for coming over here and defending the statements you made on ANOTHER board, even though it wasn't something you had to do.

Hopefully we'll see you around here more often!

Ted

is it that bad chris? that would scare the terds out of me if it is that much worse than mine. twin it! that housing would work great, and i have the gate and mainfold you sold me all fabed up, thanks for all the great pics chris.

on another note fact of the matter i dont care what mods are goign to be done and claimed, physics is still going to play a factor in the equation. large turbo, rotational mass and restriction all are goign to influence surge.

Robertp said:
on a different note i did here that II did get the surging issue taken care of on the SPS 66 and the SB 66. so that should be another test in itself. personally i do tow quite often and i have never had a problem with surging with my SPS 66 but then again i have a six speed which dont seem to be effected by that.

so insted of comparing apples to oranges, why not take one of the new SS and build it to 66/71/14 and then test it against the new silver bullet that does not surge, before anyone goes saying one is better than the other, and making some huge useless thread about how great one is, compared to the other turbos one has run in the past.

just some thoughts. i dont plan on losing any sleep over it, do you?

This thread wasn't about anything from II anyway! Nobody said anything about II for you to even defend. II is a fine company and all, but this thread started about the HT SS turbos. But since you and your partner sell II, we had to hear you come in here and spread verbal manure re HT simply because you don't sell it.

jkretzer said:
is it that bad chris? that would scare the terds out of me if it is that much worse than mine. twin it! that housing would work great, and i have the gate and mainfold you sold me all fabed up, thanks for all the great pics chris.

on another note fact of the matter i dont care what mods are goign to be done and claimed, physics is still going to play a factor in the equation. large turbo, rotational mass and restriction all are goign to influence surge.

It's pretty bad...I'm planning on twinning it, but wasn't going to do it right away. It might move up in the schedule! I think it's just a combination of everything on my truck making it finicky!

Chris

Signature600 said:
It's pretty bad...I'm planning on twinning it, but wasn't going to do it right away. It might move up in the schedule! I think it's just a combination of everything on my truck making it finicky!

Chris

I agree completely. there is more tuning then people think.

ob1kobi said:
Steve didn't start this thread, nor do the majority of us find it useless either.

The fact is that if YOUR partner hadn't gotten involved, and worded his post in the way he did, this thread wouldn't be half as large as it is now.
no, you got defensive because of the way YOU took my posts, not by how or what i put it! i posted it lost power and that people needed to know about it. that was it, if i was not completly correct on the amount of power it lost OK i am sorry---do you feel better now, 60 hp is a lot of power no matter who you are.......... this was my only intent, i could care less if i was comparing a b1 to a aroura 5000--same thing applies here. one will make more power than the other, i just made sure everyone knew about it. no offence to steve or HTT, but i dont agree that you steve, should have let you results lay stagnet for over 2 weeks. but hey you and everyone else are intitled to you own oppinions as am I.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who read your posts the wrong way so its not just about "me" and how "I" took your post.

Steve didn't post on THIS board either, so WHY would you expect to see him over here posting his results? This thread was brought up by somebody else asking about the turbo, a few people commented, then it was YOU who started the rest. If you had a problem with Steve not posting his results in what YOU deem a timely manner, take it up with Steve on the board where he initially posted he was going to be a BETA tester.

You need make sure you have all your facts together before you call ANYBODY out! YOU never seem to have the full story but you don't hestitate to raise the BS flag, or post in a way that makes it seem like you know what your talking about, which I'm sure isn't any accident.

So here ya go... :bs: better get used to it, looks like its been raised on you quite a few times in just the last week or so now doesn't it?

DIESEL POWER said:
no, you got defensive because of the way YOU took my posts, not by how or what i put it!

Most people are taking your posts that way, that is why you are not being so well recieved on this thread. Sorry I had to point that out, but you dont seem to be getting the message.

I posted it lost power and that people needed to know about it. that was it, if i was not completly correct on the amount of power it lost OK i am sorry---do you feel better now, 60 hp is a lot of power no matter who you are..........

Glad to know you are now the internet police and decide who needs to know what about what

this was my only intent, i could care less if i was comparing a b1 to a aroura 5000--same thing applies here. one will make more power than the other, i just made sure everyone knew about it.

Once again, I sleep better at night knowing you are watcing out for my better intrests regarding turbos. I appreciate your ever-vigilent work.

no offence to steve or HTT, but i dont agree that you steve, should have let you results lay stagnet for over 2 weeks. but hey you and everyone else are intitled to you own oppinions as am I.

This may be one of the most nonsensical things I have read in weeks.....

First off, you are not entitled to results that are anyone's but your own. If I find something out, it is MY perogative to post it or not......not your right.

Seriously man, you may wanna forget this thread exists, you arent doing yourself or your company any favors by posting any further.

here is a idea, lets forget II and get back to my original post...... I dont want to hear you girls ***** and this thread has gone from a information seeking post to a pissing match :blahblah1:

anyways anyone other than myself and herberam have one? anyone want to comment on information about the HTT ProStreet66?
II makes great turbos and all but I didnt buy one, so I DO NOT need to hear about them.

Ian

Yes, I've interjected my thoughts on the prostreet 66 that went on my truck 2 weeks ago. This 'charger's a sweetheart; however it didn't respond when I proposed to it.

brandon.

After reading through all of this there is some good information I believe to be correct.

1) Yes, tuning a truck is more than installing parts
2) Yes, you can change turbo's and lose power (any brand applies here)
3) Just because you read it doesn't make it true
4) The dyno provides the results, it doesn't interpret them for you.

My 62/71/13 SS has been great. I posted when I changed from twins to it. I am not sure I could like a single any better. The 64/71/13 on Steve Longs truck made good power on the dyno and spooled really well too. The 66/71/16 in a solo application made less power on my dyno jet than the 64/71/14 it replaced. The owner didn't like it as well on the street either and his SOTP dyno agreed with my dyno that the truck was down on power. Bottom line, this turbo was too big for his fueling and needs. But the 66/71/16 and Super 4C combo of Mr. Garmon's made 825hp nearly clean and has one of the prettiest upper ends I have ever seen on a 12v.

The only HTT's I have seen hurt are ones that run stupid amounts of N2O and the exhaust housings would crack (cast iron). The Stainless Steel should help that problem. I have yet to see one fail other than that and the exhaust housings crack on all turbos when they get as hot as these did.

I don't sell parts, just run a dyno. I would like to offer a little advice to everyone.

What I find acceptable (smoke/lag/wander/vibration/rattles/noise/etc) may be different than what you find acceptable. Before you buy a product, if these types of "perceptions" are important to you, find someone with the product installed and ride/drive it.

Large turbo's will require more RPM and fuel to spin them. Even with a load, you will reach a point where there is not enough air pumping into the charger as rpm falls and surging can result or at best boost pressure drops.

The biggest advantages I see with the Stainless steel housing over cast iron are.

Can be polished, can withstand higher heat levels (good for the stupid HP folks) retain heat better for quick spooling, allow for a 71mm wheel in a 13cm housing, and has a more efficient wastegate which when it opens, it opens. This wastegate I believe is one reason Jeff Garmon's upper rpm is so nice and I can actually see the gate open in his graph.

Everyone buy what they a can afford and what fits their needs, not what the girl next door or the guy down the street wants you to get. :hehe:

Hey got my SS13 in yesterday kinda took it easy on it this morning, just because it took me a few hours to figure out the oil leak I created? tired moment. I put this on a Sledpuller, I love it a great grin factor. I can't wait to get to the track. 2 weeks SpeedWorld AZ

Back