Huge thanks to Dave & Darla Goerend

ctd8999

P-Pump chump
I greatly appreciate all the support these folks have given me thru the years. I could have never done it without you guys. Back in August I decided to make this my last year drag racing my diesel truck. Along with Dave & Darla I've made some great friends Jim Layden, Karl M, Jeff D, John F, Johnnie G, Jeff M, Bruce B, Jess & Buck S, Earl, Robert, & Phillip. This list could go on and on. Thanks to all you guys who were always there to lend a hand if needed. I've also decided to sell my truck, pass the word if you guys know anyone looking. Thanks again for the memories. Steve B.

Sorry to see you go Steve. I have always been impressed with the simplicity of your truck and its ability to make clean, consistent passes.

Hate to see you go Steve! You are definitely one of my favorites out there.

When Steve told me about this a few months ago I was hoping he'd change his mind. It looks like that won't happen. You will be missed. Maybe you'll still hang around CompD.

It has been a pleasure and honor to know you and spend time with you my friend. One of the greats in the sport.

Gonna miss seeing you at the races Steve, I think we first met at IRP 2005. Hard to believe that was 8yrs ago!

Hell of a run Scoop! Got into it because of you and had a blast doing it for all those years with you and guys as well.

It sucks to see you quit Steve . You should hold onto the truck for another year just in case you hopefully change your mind. We have had a lot of good times and I have enjoyed racing against you. We all new that if we had to line up against you there was a pretty good chance we weren't going to make it to the next round. You were one of the best on the lights and having the truck dialed into the number. Its sad to see you go!

Never met ya either steve, but i always liked seeing your truck here on the forum... Its never a good thing when a true mench leaves our sport.. Good luck to ya, and like others hope you change your mind in the future..

Hey... maybe I can win a round or two now ??

Thanks Steve, you've been a great competitor, and a stand up guy.

I remember some years back when you walked up to the table at the lube in Numida. You were looking for the guy talking chit on your truck on the internet, and you found him. My ribs hurt from laughing.

Look forward to seeing what you bring to the track in the years ahead.

Last edited:
It sucks to see you leave the sport. Hopefully you change your mind. I remeber watching your truck haul a$$ years ago and thinking "how did he do it." Between you, Brian, and Tom are the reasons I got into the sport. I can't thank you enough for all the knowledge you have shared with me. Always a good time hanging out at the track with you. Hope you and your wife have a great time traveling. Just be sure to bring her nasty little challenger out to prp now and then.

Thanks to all you guys for the kind words, I'll miss being around you guys. Have had some great times. Thanks Steve B.

Sad to see you go but it was a great time everytime you were at the track. Just wondering....was I the last one you ran at prp?

I feel honored Steve. Ill see if I can post that video..I think someone got it

Back