Hx 35/40

scottsjeeprolet

Well i just got this 35/40 center section today and am concerned about the missing bits on the OD of the Compressor wheel. They don't look to have been cut out for balancing purposes.
What do ya'll think, should i run it or try to send it back.
HX3540008.jpg

HX3540003.jpg

Also will this fit my stock HX35 compressor housing?
Other than that it's in great shape, brand new.

Those are balancing cuts.
You'll need a compressor housing to fit that compressor wheel. Is that a 60mm wheel? Looks like my 60mm Borg Warner wheel and will require a modified Holset compressor housing to fit. HTT can fix you up.

This just in from the seller. Seems like a good guy.

"From what I remember each component (turbine wheel & shaft and the compressor wheel were each seperatly or component balanced. This allows for no alignment marks needed to line up at assembly. Do the chips look machined or is it damaged? Maybe someone on your forum can verify some info regarding the chips. Either way if you don't feel comfortable with it I will be more than happy to refund your money. Sorry about the mix up and let me know what you find out."

What do ya'll think now?

they look to be balancing cuts, but the one is hard to tell. He is right about it being component balanced though. Also, the housings is easily purchased through HTT. I have one up here that I just got in for someone else, or you could machine the stocker to fit it.

here is a new one

Attachments

• wheel1.JPG
    wheel1.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
Back